Make a donation

Author Topic: Why do the dealers always get it wrong?  (Read 9660 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4va8ue1qnkh4bva9vg4rbva7ii&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Why do the dealers always get it wrong?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 12:03:44 pm »
Doncaster Hayseldens... nothing but good service from there!

My family has had cars in and out of there since 1994, and had zero issues!  :happy2:

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 01:18:54 pm »
Doncaster Hayseldens... nothing but good service from there!

My family has had cars in and out of there since 1994, and had zero issues!  :happy2:

I agree  :happy2:

When i bought a smaller aerial from a '10 Polo yesterday, the parts chap asked me if he wanted him to fit it for me :ashamed: I told him I might be just able to manage  :grin:

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 01:29:13 pm »
I think we have to be fair and say that most times its not the "total" dealer experience that's at fault,but mainly just the service department.

Take my local VW dealer. Their sales department was superb when I bought the Golf and then the Wifes Polo, courteous, professional and a real good price. Similarly, the guys on their parts department are again superb. Know their stuff, will take as much time as possible looking up parts, always have a laugh anda joke with them, and they always give me discount.

Even the service reception staff are good, the only problem seems to come down to "some" of the muppets in the service bays themselves. I'm sure there are a many excellent and totally professional techs as there are muppets, it just seems I always get the muppets. This wouldn't be so bad if their worked was checked, but it doesn't seem that's the case either !

Like I said, it's a real shame as the rest of the local dealer experience is usually excellent.

Andrew

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:43:54 pm »
 :rolleye: just remembered last time I was in the Dealer I got a new set of front discs and pads and pads for the rear, the service person originally quoted me £220, I had got quotes from indies for nearly £300.....before putting the car in on the day I asked them to confirm the costs....they were going to try and charge me something like £270 (from memory)....

The service person had quoted me wrongly...lol, this time the dealer got it wrong and it cost THEM (for a change).
 :jumpmove:

Offline ruffrydaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 01:53:59 pm »
I think we have to be fair and say that most times its not the "total" dealer experience that's at fault,but mainly just the service department.

Take my local VW dealer. Their sales department was superb when I bought the Golf and then the Wifes Polo, courteous, professional and a real good price. Similarly, the guys on their parts department are again superb. Know their stuff, will take as much time as possible looking up parts, always have a laugh anda joke with them, and they always give me discount.

Even the service reception staff are good, the only problem seems to come down to "some" of the muppets in the service bays themselves. I'm sure there are a many excellent and totally professional techs as there are muppets, it just seems I always get the muppets. This wouldn't be so bad if their worked was checked, but it doesn't seem that's the case either !

Like I said, it's a real shame as the rest of the local dealer experience is usually excellent.

Andrew
Your 100% right. The customer service and people are great.
Its the monkeys in the back who mess about with the car who give them a bad image..

Saint Steve

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »
On the subject of servicing, just had my interim service done today, free 10 plate Golf TDI and free bottle of longlife oil sat in the footwell apon me collecting the car today to my surprise :surprised:. Nice touch in customer service...

Im glad they dont seem to Test drive cars on service these days, cus no doubt there are a few Young Technitions or test pilots around, and im glad that this doesnt happen, or hasnt happened with mine today, even didnt wash it, as i requested them not to this time out.

Peter Cooper Hedge End today have done a great job  :happy2:   which has changed since my last dealings with them in the past. Much improoved.

Offline wagonboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Nov.2007 ED30 dsg reflex silver
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 05:02:14 pm »
I have never had a trouble free main dealer experience....

This time, I took my car in for it's 4th longlife service. They did a time and distance service  :fighting: I asked why it had not been given long life oil, 
"we just did what was in the log book. The other services were time and distance".

I looked in the log book and all 3 previous services are clearly marked as longlife  :congrats:

To cap it all off, they've curbed one of my new wheels. I'm picking it up in an hour after having the oil replaced again FOC, but I have to wait until the 19th before the service manager is back to hear about my wheel  :sad1:

I had the same thing happen to me on my 4th service, specifically asked for long life oil to be used. When i checked the service book before leaving it was ticked 'no'. I went back and queried this and was told they do not use anything other than long life oil, so i posed the question why was it ticked no when all other services were ticked yes. did not get a sensible answer, but i did get her to tick long life oil used and initial it, so i'm really not sure what exactly was used. I have read on here that all VW service centres were told they should only use long life and nothing else !!!!! Each one seem to have there own rules. Chris

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »
Ive given up on the dealers!!!! buying anything from them couldnt be anymore helpful an polite from sales department bend over backwards for you, getting work done, service, repair work etc forget it, muppets!! havent got clue too many times ive been messed around, work not done properley, wrong oil used, parts not in stock while the car on the ramp, work not done what asked for????  ive had fun at  :laugh: (vw stealers )  :fighting:  :fighting:
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510