Make a donation

Author Topic: Replacement DV  (Read 3803 times)

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Replacement DV
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 10:37:10 pm »
Mine feels a lot better since i changed mine over, i have posted some pics on another thread, use search to have a look

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22836.msg305125.html#msg305125
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:34:02 pm by micaerin »

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 09:15:45 am »
What 'issues' were you having?

Issues were, up-shift in D mode on the DSG from 1st to 2nd when pottling around was less than smooth with higher revs the issue didnt exist but natural chnage point on the DSG was between 1700 and 2100.  All other gears shifted smoothly like you would expect from DSG. 

Other issue that has improved since changing is when on lift off coasting up to a roundabout or junction followed by moderate acceleration I used to have no power before a sudden surge, even if the kickdown engaged and dropped a single cog (so on the seperate shaft) there was hesitation followed by a sudden surge.  coasting off the throttle now seems to engage less engine breaking and on re-applying throttle the car picks up smoothly and quickly.  Car is just so much better to drive.

Im not 100% yet but it seems to be using less petrol for similar driving bearing in mind it now wants to pull so much more that I have occasionally been taking advantage of it  :grin:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »
What 'issues' were you having?

Other issue that has improved since changing is when on lift off coasting up to a roundabout or junction followed by moderate acceleration I used to have no power before a sudden surge, even if the kickdown engaged and dropped a single cog (so on the seperate shaft) there was hesitation followed by a sudden surge.  coasting off the throttle now seems to engage less engine breaking and on re-applying throttle the car picks up smoothly and quickly.

^^^ this is exactly what I'm experiencing. However, having owned an automatic car I thought this was normal. I'm tempted to change my dv and see if it is any differant. Unless it could be something else?