Make a donation

Author Topic: Wireless Headphones for Iphone / Ipad  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Wireless Headphones for Iphone / Ipad
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:58:59 pm »
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a set of wireless headphones that I could use with my Iphone 3GS / Ipad. I'm fed up of un-tangling my apple ear buds everytime I want to wear them, and so was thinking about a bluetooth set ?

Not really bothered in getting the phone answer side necessarily, just good sound with a good bass and a reasonable time between charges. Don't want to really spend a forture so any recommendations gratefully received.

Cheers (and happy new year to all)

Andrew

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline mackit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 0
  • Surrey
Re: Wireless Headphones for Iphone / Ipad
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »
They are not cheap but i bought a pair of the Sennheiser MM-400s.  Sound quality is good given they are over ears which i have normally avoided in favour of in ear headphones.

The battery lasts a reasonable amount of time and there are controls on the right side for changing volume and track.  Initially the change track option didn't work but the latest software release resolved that i believe.  I say i believe as i had an iPhone 3GS previously where the change track option wouldn't work.  I sold the 3GS and bought one of the new iPod touches and it worked.  Logic would dictate that it must be a bluetooth firmware update on the latest software.

There is also a mic so as an added bonus you can use it as a headset.

Overall they offer good sound quality and naturally it is a huge bonus having no wires.  It's something i also wanted and was willing to pay for the privilege.  For the money they are overpriced as i guess the technology is still a little new.  A set of in ear headphones for half the price would offer better sound quality but obviously would not be wireless.  They also come wih a carry case that is pretty cheap and nasty...should be a nice leather case for the money.

For the same money you could pick up a wired set of headphones, such as the Bose or the Beats, which offer better sound quality.

Hope that helps.

VW Edition 30 DSG, 5 door, RNS-510