Make a donation

Author Topic: Milly R32 Style - Exhaust Tone  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
Milly R32 Style - Exhaust Tone
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:16:13 pm »
Really wanting an R32 rear end, only thing putting me of is the only exhausts for the GTi that I can find with the right style tail pipes is he milly.

Now all I have on the GTi now is the standard exhaust and it sounds good enough for me, little grunt but nothing stupid and nice on tick-over.

My question is how does the milly compare to the the standard GTi one in the noise department?

Really didn't want anything louder then standard to be fair! Even if I just get the back box will the tone chance?

Thanks in advance!

Simon
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Milly R32 Style - Exhaust Tone
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:03:11 pm »
Get the milltek resonated option, nice and quiet but still sounds good, not a massive amount louder than standard until higher RPM or with some aggressive mapping.

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »
I swapped my standard exhaust for a milly, with a resonated midsection and could hardly tell any difference to be honest.
The millteks do look good, even when I had the non res the noise was not too overpowering either really.

Go for it!!!

Offline Becca88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:07 pm »
I have just done this and went for the resonated miltek. not too loud but slightly louder than what Eddy was standard. some pics in members rides - beccas edition 30

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 11:14:09 am »
I had a non res Milltek on my last mk5 GTI & i'm glad i went non res, not much louder than standard system & in fact i would say the res one is not as loud as the standard system?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:59 pm »
Been looking at the price of the milly and trying to compare it to the blueflame -

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/cars_english/blueflame-car-exhausts-1/vw/golf-mk5-gti-edition-30-2004/vw-golf-mk5-gti-edition-30-2004-on-76mm-rear-tail-pipes-twin-4-00-trims-with-brace-bar-bftrim010-r32-style-centre-exit.html

This is a twin 4" though, but the price is considerably cheaper, guessing this price is just for a backbox and will bolt straight on? What noise/performance or any issues with the above?

Any pictures of one would be appreciated
Thanks
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:47:35 pm »
Been looking at the price of the milly and trying to compare it to the blueflame -

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/cars_english/blueflame-car-exhausts-1/vw/golf-mk5-gti-edition-30-2004/vw-golf-mk5-gti-edition-30-2004-on-76mm-rear-tail-pipes-twin-4-00-trims-with-brace-bar-bftrim010-r32-style-centre-exit.html

This is a twin 4" though, but the price is considerably cheaper, guessing this price is just for a backbox and will bolt straight on? What noise/performance or any issues with the above?

Any pictures of one would be appreciated
Thanks

Not to sure what it is you would be buying there, a cat back is normally a lot more than that.  :chicken:

In reagrds to the blueflame versus milltek dilemma. I have a turbo back centre exit Blueflame and it is loud at times, especially when slightly  hot it goes quieter when blasting round a track for some reason. If you want a quiet system i would say avoid Blueflame, but the problem with the Milltek R 32 style one, is the quality is sh*t compared to the blueflame one it hangs down below the valance on a funny angle showing off all the rusty bits and is really heavy. Ask JoesGTI he is happy to admit that his was poor compared to the Blueflame. But the Milltek one can be nice and quiet when you want it to.  :happy2:

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 12:53:53 pm »
Can that blueflame setup (£160?) be integrated into the standard gti setup? As I want to get a proper system (eventually when I've got enough money!) but thought this could tide me over untill then as id like to get the r32 rear fitted.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 12:57:10 pm »
I think that is just a price for the tips, if you wanted the centre exit you would ned a cat back system to bolt onto your original GTI one.  :happy2:

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 04:51:51 pm »
I have given up on my Milltek for exactly the same reason as Joe did , the back hangs down so far,have heard that there is a shallower milltek one that you can get, but not seen any yet.
I have a pipeworx high flow one, bought  it off an edition 38 member for £150 (though they are £450 new) and it sounds great, though may put some better tailpipes on it. It fits to my milltek downpipe without any issues, and isn't overly loud, but does sound quite powerful when you want it to, and also when reversing onto the drive late at night  :ashamed:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 05:20:03 pm »

I have given up on my Milltek for exactly the same reason as Joe did , the back hangs down so far,have heard that there is a shallower milltek one that you can get, but not seen any yet.

....I've been running Milltek's shallow backbox on mine for over a year - I have R32 rear with ceramic coated black quads. No probs on the build quality either and I've run Millteks for 85k miles.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 06:00:59 pm »

....I've been running Milltek's shallow backbox on mine for over a year - I have R32 rear with ceramic coated black quads. No probs on the build quality either and I've run Millteks for 85k miles.

Yours may be a different build design to mine was Robin as you have the 4 exhausts. I was gutted as I had done a fair bit of reviewing of these exhausts (yours included) so was gutted to see how that little thing let it down, especially when everything else about it was so well done.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 06:38:06 pm »
^^^^
Yes, my Milltek is custom built.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!