Make a donation

Author Topic: Show us your bike...  (Read 9378 times)

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Show us your bike...
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 05:20:53 pm »
You have a few good shops right on your door step. Terrain cycles at Salts mill in Saltaire, Chevin Cycles in Otley & Aire Valley Cycles in Keighley.

Best Advice just go try somethings out, see what your comfortable with.

I used to work at Aire Valley Cycles many moons ago, good bunch of lads in there, on eof there main mechanic's is Chris Ackrigg, a top Trials bike rider.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »
None of them appear to sell Cube though which is what I now have my heart set on.

There is a shop in Harrogate that do so im going to try get over there tomorrow. Also may be upping the budget as I would like a full suspension.

Cheers for all the replies  :drinking:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »
Well the budget was nearly doubled and placed an order for this today...

Using it for work also which will save me a decent amount of fuel so in my eyes it will pay for itself in due time. :smiley:

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline bondy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:31 pm »
i've got a cube LTD PRO sixpot,been to llandegla today on my lapierre zesty,put my new brakes through theres paces

I can't wait to go back to llandegla, went there a few months ago. How you getting on with the zesty, I brought mine a couple of months back and love it.
the zesty is ace especially now i've changed the brakes,the formula rx's didnt work in the wet and were really noisy so i've put a set of hope v2's on,was meant to be going to coedy brenan today but got a boring family meal,i ride cannock chase most of the time as its only down the road,

That's the only thing thats bugging me is the squeeking brakes, going to try a different set of pads and discs. Other than that it's ace. We ride at Woburn woods which is down the road, nothing as extreme but some good trials, more uphill than down.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 12:32:28 pm »
If you have Hope stoppers, welcome to the world of squeaky brakes. If they are wet, they howl. It's just how they are. I used to run Avids, quieter, but the build quality & after sales back up from Hope is a different level.

I'll stick with Hope brakes, I'll squeak, but I'll stop  :grin:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 08:50:51 pm »
those hope v2's i've just fitted dont squeel when there wet,they did for about 10 minutes the first time out and i thought here we again but then cleared and have been fine since

Bondy
something else that i didnt like about the formula's was when you want pads you've gotta order off the internet as none of the shops i know stock them,which is know good when your going a ride th next day,everywhere stocks hope
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:56:50 pm by mattyw »

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 03:40:27 pm »
If you are looking for a decent bike id highly recommend looking at the specialized range, they dont make a bad bike and cant be beaten for spec and price IMO ive just bought a new trail bike to go with my DH rig and i love it ! As said Cube are producing some good quality cheap bikes at them monent although the cube prices are catching up now, where as if you were looking at cubes a couple of years ago when they were trying to establish there self s in the uk you would of got a bargain.

ZE DH RIG :evilgrin:

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 05:25:44 pm »
+1 for Spesh. My S-Works Epic

Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 05:54:56 pm »

Another one for Specialized - here's mine.  I think you'll find that's a proper bike...!   :signLOL:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »
@gobbleplease - Already placed an order for a Cube as in post #32 :happy2:

Cheers for the reply though. Some awesome looking bikes in here, shame my skills wont match up to the capabilities of the bike  :laugh:

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 06:07:25 pm »
loving that road rig! thats my next purchase!! london to brighton anyone!

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 06:33:26 pm »
JJ, that Roubaix looks gorgeous :drool: