Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice from Quaife (or other ATB / LSD) owners please  (Read 10887 times)

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
Re: Advice from Quaife (or other ATB / LSD) owners please
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 03:07:58 pm »
Don't get scared of  a LSD, as everything else you need to learn it's quirks. At 41 you must have tried to master more than one of the female spieces; not being able to read the first one right hasn't put you off trying to understand the next right??  :wink:  :laugh:

You are not wrong there! Part of the concern over the cost of a LSD was because I am getting married (again!!!!) later this year  :laugh:  :stupid: :laugh:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 03:42:48 pm »
I'm on my second marriage and i still don't get them. They must be from another planet  :laugh:  :stupid:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 05:04:55 pm »
Don't get scared of  a LSD, as everything else you need to learn it's quirks. At 41 you must have tried to master more than one of the female spieces; not being able to read the first one right hasn't put you off trying to understand the next right??  :wink:  :laugh:

You are not wrong there! Part of the concern over the cost of a LSD was because I am getting married (again!!!!) later this year  :laugh:  :stupid: :laugh:

marriage is over rated compared to an LSD

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 05:21:59 pm »

marriage is over rated compared to an LSD

So what you guys are saying is go for the LSD because it is easier to handle and will have lower long-term costs compared to a wife?  :jumping:

I'll go home and break the news tonight  :evilgrin:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 06:33:22 pm »
an LSD is a one  time investment, a woman costs 60£ the first night, and all (they know) you earn the rest of  your life  :signLOL:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 07:01:36 pm »
£60 the first night.  were not talking brothels :grin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 08:55:59 pm »

the problem is though tyres are a consumable, if you could get an LSD and then go for a slightly less extreme tyre like the PS2, eagle F1 and have a similar amount of grip.  this will be more initially expensive, but you consumables will not need changing so often.  so in the long run i think this is the sensible option

....That's interesting and something I hadn't thought about. My tyres (GY and Dunlop Asymmetrics) seem to be lasting longer and I couldn't understand why.

RR i think that Janner refers to soft tyres without LSD will need replacing more often than harder tyres and LSD, not as the LSD makes your tyres last longer.

coorect.  soft compount ulrqa high performance tyres such as the toyo R1R would give very good grip, but wouldnt last that long.  Using an LSD and a slightly harder compound tyre, you could get similar grip/traction levels but with cheaper tyres that will last longer

....And that's how I understood it.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 10:06:55 pm »
£60 the first night.  were not talking brothels :grin:

I'd be much cheaper going to one of those!  :booty:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 12:03:08 am »
I had a Quaife LSD on my old ED30 and it was an excellent modification - highly recommend it :happy2:
Golf R gone.