Make a donation

Author Topic: How to remove rear boot badge?  (Read 25418 times)

Offline mattypgolf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
How to remove rear boot badge?
« on: January 02, 2011, 07:27:40 pm »
Wanting to remove the rear badge so i can paint it black?

Best method for removal please?
TR dsg, stage 1 r-tec map, bbs ch in gloss black, black roof and badges, colour coded, neuspeed hybrid intake, cat back exhaust..

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
  • Build it.. don't buy it!!
    • Email
Re: How to remove rear boot badge?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:19:50 pm »
Hello found this on www.golfmkv.com, Guy has MK5 TDI and this was the reply:

To replace it you have to take off the panel on the inside of the hatch and unbolt the wiper motor and emblem. take the cover off the wiper and unbolt the wiper. then use some form of puller to take off the wiper while preventing any damage to the windshield and paint. a battery terminal puller works good. reassembly is the reverse steps. to get the wiper back on, line it up the way you prefer or think is straight and tighten the nut on. keep turning the nut until the wiper is pressed back onto the splines.

Heres the full link http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73165

or theres this one which doesnt sound as complicated! http://www.r32oc.com/tutorials-guides/20751-mk5-rear-badge-removal.html

Hope it helps!

Ash
I have ETKA and ELSA - Happy to help if anyone needs anything. Instagram - @f11tvw

Rotiform VCE's : US Spec Rear Bumper : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : De-Wipered : Revo Stage 2+ Map : Revo Intake : Revo throttle pipe : THS Intercooler : K04 Conversion : Milltek Cat Back + Pipwerx Decat : Sachs Stage 3 Organic clutch + Single mass flywheel : Quaife ATB Differential : S3 Brakes + Vagbremtechnic discs : Full SuperPro Bushes : SuperPro ARB

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »
Did mine without unscrewing the whole rear wiper motor... Did have to loosen off the screws. Hardest part is getting rear internal card back on bit of a bugger...

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:04:48 am »
As above when I installed my rear view camera.  I couldn't remove the wiper motor because I couldn't get the wiper off, and trying to refit the internal panel was a right pain!

Offline Matt23

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 09:09:35 am »
I found the easiest way was to put a sharp knife in between the badge and the backing and prise it away gently working your way around.

This works only works on later cars 07 onwards i think as they had a two piece badge and earlier models have a one piece.

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:25:00 am »
That will only remove the silver badge though, and not the whole mechanism.

Offline mattypgolf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »
Gonna be a pain, but im gonna have to thake the whole thing out as i want to colour code it, and put a black badge on!
TR dsg, stage 1 r-tec map, bbs ch in gloss black, black roof and badges, colour coded, neuspeed hybrid intake, cat back exhaust..

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 09:46:03 pm »
Gonna be a pain, but im gonna have to thake the whole thing out as i want to colour code it, and put a black badge on!

you still dont need to take out off the rear wiper motor... take a couple of screws out and spin it round :happy2: