Make a donation

Author Topic: are all mk5 gti turbo charged  (Read 4564 times)

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
are all mk5 gti turbo charged
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:20 pm »
as above i thought they were  are they
Sig to big.

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: are all mk5 gti turbo charged
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:45:43 pm »
Yeah all the MK5 GTI's have the same engine all TFSI.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:09:28 pm »

Not technically correct as the last set of Mk5 gtis in North America came with the TSI engine.   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »

Not technically correct as the last set of Mk5 gtis in North America came with the TSI engine.   :smiley:
Good knowledge Bacillus, I didnt know that some MK5's had come with the new crankcase.

I guess you meant EA888 compared to EA113, as Audi referred to it as the R4 TFSI engine during development I will stick to my guns  :wink:
http://www.eb-bruehl.com/files/mtz_zylinderkurbelgehaeuse_engl.pdf 

I need a smiley with some geek glasses, my impression has always been that TFSI and TSI nomenclature has all been marketing and branding.  :drinking:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline smokeybubbles

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:08:41 pm »
If anyone knows better, please correct me, but when the FSI engine came out it stood for Fuel Stratified Injection.  Then the GTI came out, it was Turbocharged Fuel Stratified Injection.  TSI Engines came along and as they were all originaly twin charged they were Turbocharged Supercharged Intercooler, but then VW decided to rebrand all there charged petrol engines to TSI even the ones without twin charged mills.  so all VW charged petrol engines are now known as TSI engines, ranging from the 1.2 turbo, the 1.4 turbo, the 1.4 turbo and supercharged, the 1.8 turbo, the 2.0 turbo etc..  when i last spoke to VW headoffice VW UK can not give an explination as to the english translation of the TSI branding, but all charged engines are TSI, and they are referred to as inteligently charged engines.  this is of course going forwards, i am not saying your 05 GTI has a tsi, as it is obviously a tfsi.