Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheels - Monza 2  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Wheels - Monza 2
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:58 pm »
in a at mo being coloured and diamond cut...with an acylic laqure......

question < is this a decent laqure......and when I collect/pay anything I should check to see if its a GOOD job? and I wont tell the thickness/coats of laqure will i?

Before using......can someone give me a car tip? should I just give them a few coats of car way to help protect them?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Re: Wheels - Monza 2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:38:40 pm »
sorry.......what?

Just type how you speak johnny. Easier to understand, :happy2:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 03:44:22 pm »
As above plain English please  :happy2:.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »
His wheels are in the shop at the moment being refurbished, they are monza II's and he is having them powder coated then diamond cutt to the face and is worried about the acrylic lacquer not being the best stuff.  He would also like to know if there is anything in particular he should look out for when collecting the wheels, so he can mention any issues or defects before he pays.

And then when he gets them back he wants to know about care tips to stop them white worming again.

HTH  :happy2:

As for care tips I would give them a couple of coats of wheel sealant I use poor boys.  Some others also use a layer of wax as well a hard wearing one like collonite, regular cleaning and repetition of this process should help, as well as taking car when putting wheel nuts on etc to protect the lacquer from chipping and exposing your diamond cut surface.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:33:27 pm »
 :congrats: ........must be an age thing init ?  :signLOL:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:17 pm »
Are you English Johnny?

No offence meant by the way....

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »
oh no the grammar and spelling police are at it again  :scared:
Sig to big.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:56:28 pm »
oh no the grammar and spelling police are at it again  :scared:
.........well ard init  :signLOL:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:30:52 am »
Many many apologies lol

One is full Enlish yes.  :grin:

One was is a rush at the time....sorry.

Rich < Spott on lol
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 12:32:16 am »
Just pm'd back johnny

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 12:39:18 am »
 :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 08:53:22 am »
What were your recommendations JPC, will be getting mine refurbed in the new year and always interested in some expert advice  :drinking:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 09:22:37 am »
From JPC himself -

I'd recommend some high temp paste sealant. Search for fk1000p. If your feeling really flush, Swissvax autobahn is brilliant.

Offline jaffa666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 09:26:34 am »
Where are u getting them refurbished mate, if you dont mind me asking, I will be getting mine done once the roads have cleared a bit of the salt.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 09:40:07 pm »
in a at mo being coloured and diamond cut...with an acylic laqure......

question < is this a decent laqure......and when I collect/pay anything I should check to see if its a GOOD job? and I wont tell the thickness/coats of laqure will i?

Before using......can someone give me a car tip? should I just give them a few coats of car way to help protect them?

I dont really care if someone has poor grammar or cant be bothered to spell check, but that has to be one of the funniest question's i have never been able to read.

Is this you Jonny.  :laugh: