Make a donation

Author Topic: How long do your heated seats take to warm up? :)  (Read 14951 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: How long do your heated seats take to warm up? :)
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 02:14:32 pm »
.......About 30 seconds....

I have them wired directly to the alternator, thats right is'nt it??

Bloody hell Lee, is that through leather or cloth ?  :grin:

If it's through cloth, then it's about the same time as my wife Polo takes (with cloth upholstery). If it's through leather, that's the quickest I've ever heard of ?

:grin: I was messing around obviously!!! They take about 2 mins to heat up on 5, this is for leather.

And I hav'nt wired them to directly to the alternator either!!!
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2010, 11:33:20 am »
I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to the cold and like to be warm and cosy.  However, 2-3 is the most I can bear on my heated seats.  Sometimes it goes up to 4 when it's really cold but gets turned down once they reach temperature.

They warm up pretty quick, I just wish the rest of the car was as quick!

On my old car with leather seats I regularly had it turned up to 5 because leather is thicker than the cloth so it didn't actually feel that hot.

FOR SALE!

Offline N!CK R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 10:35:43 pm »
Bringing up a kind of old thread, but didn't want to start a new one...

I've got heated seats in mine (cloth), the passenger side works fine, but for some reason the drivers one has stopped working now??

It worked when I first got the car (about 3 days ago), but now the drivers side has stopped working completely  :confused:

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 10:50:01 pm »
Have you checked the plug is connected? It's under the seat, if its driver side, then move the seat back, then there will be a black plastic panel, pull it off, and the wires are under there;

Yellow = Airbag connector.
Black = Seat occupant sensor.
Big plug = Heated seat wiring.

They run off the same fuse so I doubt it's that, although worth checking, alternatively could be the control unit of the seat itself? (Little box under the seat!) You can't see it unless you take the seat out and turn it upside down though!

Offline N!CK R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:01 pm »
I haven't checked anything yet, completely new to MK 5's. Thanks for the information though.

I will look at it tomorrow. Is there any chance it could be the heating element itself?  :confused:

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 11:10:33 pm »
Potentially, but doubtful as im sure there are 2 elements, one for the lower back part of the seat, the other for the base of the seat.

Give the connector a try first, be careful, don't pull the airbag plug out else you'll get a fault light on the dash and need someone with VCDS to clear it for you.

I hope it's just a loose connection mate.

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 11:45:31 pm »
oooooooooooooh no...............not heated seats  :rolleye:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline tomk342

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 12:46:42 am »
I usually crack it straight up to 5, within 2mins it feels like its burnt a hole in my trousers! I spend the rest of the journey trying to cool my arse down! :booty:

Gotta love it in the winter months though...  :jumpmove:
T.A.KLN - Tornado Red MkV GTI, Leather seats, Sat Nav, Xenons, 18" R32 alloys, remapped to approx.250bhp.

[img width= height=]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs021.snc6/165148_10150114982262154_505047153_7548108_5382085_n.jpg[/img]