Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: R32
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 10:07:03 pm »
Cheers guys.

Few things done this weekend, first one was to LED the puddle lights, they are my favourite gadget on the car but I didn't like the yellow light they gave.

First you have to push the mirror right back away from the door to access the allen key hole......

Then you can prize out the puddle section, I just used a butter knife.......

Then pull the bulb out and put the led in. I had to trim the led edges down with a stanley blade to fit it back through the hole !

This was the old bulb

And this is the new one

Really ties in with the xenons now..........

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:29:07 pm by Fastmonkey »
MK5 R32 DSG Build thread   -  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23512.15.html
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 05:56:25 am »
ive got the puddles fitted too f**k me there bright leds, would you mind linking where you got em, wouldnt mind changing mine from yellow to leds. thanks
MKV R32 DSG

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 07:53:10 am »
MK5 R32 DSG Build thread   -  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23512.15.html
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 08:11:23 am »
Another job I did was refurb my 19"s this weekend. When I bought them they were in pretty good condition but had 2 or 3 sections of chipped edge on each wheel, time is the problem here as my current Zolders have very worn tyres and need replacing asap ! So just had to do my best and get them ready for the new tyres to fit onto. Here is one as an example :

1 of the problem arears, cleaned up with scratch cleaner (from Paints4U) and tidied up ready to prime.........

primed

3 coats of paint and finished. Not perfect but much much better, up close you can tell but from a metre away you can not see it.

There was about 14 of these little areas to do accross all 4 wheels so they are all done now, so tyres should be fitted today........ Fingers crossed they don't do any additional damage !

MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 08:53:59 am »
swap the link for your recaros........ ?  :grin:

Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130367264398&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

lol i wish i had recaros lol, thats one option is rare as f**k in a five door, only seen 2 cars  with recaros fitted as a factory option and not retrofit, thought about gettting em but, lots of money and are hard to come buy, seen some for sale but are not in good condition, thanks for the link though
MKV R32 DSG

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 08:58:27 am »
yeah I know, I wanted to get mine with them, I had a deal set up with a guy on R32OC he was trading his car in late Jan and we were going to swap seats and cash his way of course and he would trade it in with the standard seats. He pm'd me yesterday to say he's sold the car privately........ gutted  :sad1:
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 09:11:46 am »
yeah I know, I wanted to get mine with them, I had a deal set up with a guy on R32OC he was trading his car in late Jan and we were going to swap seats and cash his way of course and he would trade it in with the standard seats. He pm'd me yesterday to say he's sold the car privately........ gutted  :sad1:

think i know how the member is, did his car have porcshe 6pots on? oh well dont worry about it mate, some more will come up its just a matter of time
MKV R32 DSG

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 09:22:47 am »
good guess ;-)
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »
Fruity!

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:48 am »
Had the springs done and they seem great, drop the car 30mm and haven't really affected the driving experience, it maybe a bit harder but not significantly so no problems there. I'll get some before and after pics up soon.

I've also been working on getting everything ready for the 19"s. All 4 hubs had horrible surface rust and the caliper clips on the front looked proper minging, didn't want this showing through my new wheels.

So these have been cleaned up and painted back to silver.......... whilst I was at it I did the little arch liner screw mod  to make sure my new tyres don't rub at all.

Unfortunately the wheel bolts don't fit the new wheels so needed to order up new ones before I can get the wheels on. Hopefully will turn up today.

In other news........

Got the cruise fitted with a very helpful member from here and love it, it's a must have option for me so pleased that is done.

Lot's more to come  :grin:

MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline TimR

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 02:55:59 pm »
Looking good :driver:
Volkswagen Golf GTI mk5 2006. GIAC Stage 1.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 03:26:57 pm »
comin along nicely :happy2:

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:21 pm »
Quickly get your 19s on, I really hate Zolders!  :grin: And wash the beast, then post some more pics  :evilgrin:  :signLOL:

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 10:20:03 pm »
Just a quick question about the boot pop, the spring bumper stops, how do you adjust them? Mine are too long :-(
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 07:10:22 am »
Quickly get your 19s on, I really hate Zolders!  :grin: And wash the beast, then post some more pics  :evilgrin:  :signLOL:

I wish I could ! The tyres on the Zolders are shot and the 19"'s have brand new tyres on but a supplier has poperly let me done on the new wheel bolts this week, they should be here today............... but I've heard that since monday.  :fighting:

Just a quick question about the boot pop, the spring bumper stops, how do you adjust them? Mine are too long :-(

Stick a 3mm allen key in the bump stop and turn counter-clockwise until it stops. You can then compress the adjuster and then do the allen key back up.

Should sort you out, if you have the right stops ?
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged