Author Topic: R32  (Read 16925 times)

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: R32
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2011, 06:34:11 pm »
^^^ that's interesting, mine is a 2nd family car so I have to put car seats in and out the back so having insisted on 3 drs I might find it a real issue with the Recaro's then.............
MK5 R32 DSG Build thread   -  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23512.15.html
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2011, 11:57:31 pm »
^^^ that's interesting, mine is a 2nd family car so I have to put car seats in and out the back so having insisted on 3 drs I might find it a real issue with the Recaro's then.............

Most definitely, I had to start putting my work laptop bag in the boot as it's too much of a pain trying to get it behind the seats in the morning!

You'd have to manually slide the seats forward to stand any chance of getting a child seat in there. But that's what more-doors are for. I dont need the rear seats but for skiing, MTBing, spending a lot of time outdoors, I need a 'useable' boot. And I cant drive my wife's TT as I'm male. And straight. And don't cut hair for a living. Oh and it's only a 4 pot so sounds crap!  :P
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 08:27:43 am »

Most definitely, I had to start putting my work laptop bag in the boot as it's too much of a pain trying to get it behind the seats in the morning!

Blimey I just struggle to put my bag in with the standard seats........... Still all that said I'll still get them if I can find a set, they are too cool to not have even if they will make life difficult !  :grin:
MK5 R32 DSG Build thread   -  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23512.15.html
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 06:43:49 pm »
I can't even be bothered to put my steering lock on as it's such a pain in the arse to put it behind the front recaro's.
Always worried about scratching the backs too. Though mine is a 5 door, gotta love it sometimes.

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 09:56:51 am »
Been working on my mk2 a lot lately so the R has just been in daily service, but got some time on it recently to get the R Caliper clips fitted to the brakes the other weekend and the discs painted up properly and can't believe what a difference they make.

Also started assembling some Stereo Equipment for the R to get the sounds up to a decent level.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:00:47 am by Fastmonkey »
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged