Make a donation

Author Topic: Heads-up for Hedge and all aspiring aviators....  (Read 819 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Heads-up for Hedge and all aspiring aviators....
« on: January 12, 2011, 07:08:46 pm »
Ch5 tonight @ 8:00pm "The Lost Evidence" Battle of Britain docu. Hopefully it's not a repeat prog.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Heads-up for Hedge and all aspiring aviators....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 08:47:49 pm »
Sorry Robin only just seen this.  :sad1:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Heads-up for Hedge and all aspiring aviators....
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:31:17 pm »
Was very good indeed and with lots of film footage.

I remember that as a young boy I made a lot of models (got the school top prize two years running) and I liked the Stuka JU87 dive bomber and so decided to make quite a large scale model of it. What I didn't know at the time was that my mother had been at their receiving end in Athens in WW2. It shows how tolerant she was of me. What attracted me to the Stuka was the noise they made.

Another little story of her tolerance which might make you laugh is when I made a model, not a kit, from scratch of a torpedo armed fast gunboat using card and anything I could find to improvise. One day I rifled through the waste bin in my parents bedroom and found the absolutely perfect thing for deck mounted torpedo tubes, one tube (to be the torpedo) perfectly sliding into the other....

....Yes, perhaps you guessed it: Cardboard Tampax tubes! Even was the right scale, near enough. When the model was completed I proudly went to find mum: "Mummy! Mummy! Look what I've made"... "Yes, very clever, dear" pause "Where did you get those tubes on the deck, dear?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:33:12 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!