Make a donation

Author Topic: Miltek tail pipes off centre, info please.  (Read 1341 times)

Offline tonto83

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Miltek tail pipes off centre, info please.
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »
Hi Guys

Got my cat back fitted yesterday eve.  Really happy with the build quality and the tails look the bizz, really finishes the rear off well.  Seems a little bit more responsive and the exhaust tone seems a little better when I put the boot down, that could be all wishful thinking in my head though  :laugh:.

Anyways when it was fitted yesterday, i noticed it was a little off centre to the left approx 5-8mm.  It's not hugely noticeable, but it's noticeable to me, if ya know what I mean (you'll probably think I'm being fussy  :P).  The shop who fitted said it was because of the hangers and it might settle with time into a more central position.

Has anybody else noticed this or do the hangers need to be adjusted?  Ideally if somebody could stick up a photo of their miltek tails (not Ed 30 tails) preferably with an edition 30 rear bumper I'd relly appreciate it.  Maybe it's the position of the ed 30 bumper cut out and the position of my miltek is perfectly normal.

thanks lads

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Miltek tail pipes off centre, info please.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:48:21 pm »
Pics might help.I think they can be adjusted slightley to make a better apperance. :smiley:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57:53 pm »
There are 2 bolts that hold the Left rubber hangar bracket to the body, and 2 that hold the right bracket.

Undo, and move the brackets, they are on slotted holes.  Tighten slightly, and check then tighten all the way.

Offline tonto83

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »
Thanks for the replies lads. Ya a pic would show it clearly but unfortunately I won't be near any decent internet connection for the wk end. I'm just on my phone now. I checked those brackets and they seem to be pushed over to their max already. If this rain lets up i'll have another go at it tomorrow. Overall i'm really happy with them, just need to push them a little to the right so they'll be central in the exhaust cut out and sitting perfectly. Cheers for the info guys

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:26:16 pm »
Hope you got the non res ?.I had it on my last MK5 GTI & one of the best things i did to it   :happy2:.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline tonto83

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:44:42 pm »
Ya I got the non res, the resonated is of no real benefit over the non res in a diesel. My car is a soot chucker by the way Sshussssh ..:-P I must get up some pics when she's clean and debadged.

Offline Obese

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:16:30 pm »
Mine sat like this, moved the bracket over as far over as i could and tweaked the tail pipe side hanger with a lever bar a little bit and now it sits perfect. was driving me nuts before!