Make a donation

Author Topic: Footy Fans - Your seasons so far  (Read 6407 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Footy Fans - Your seasons so far
« on: January 07, 2011, 08:52:41 pm »
Well boys. I didn't start this thread for gloat purposes, quite the opposite in fact.

Our much loved number one Goalkeeper recently passed away (Dale Roberts - RIP  :sad1: ), our best forward returned to his parent club Peterborough after a successful loan and yesterday, our Captain and ever-reliable centre half moved to AFC Wimbledon for an undisclosed fee (probably not as much as it should have been, especially at our level). We've not won in seven games (since the 30th October last year!) and lost to our biggest most hated Rivals, Kettering Town, on Monday.

So things are looking good as you can tell  :laugh: ...

The few pluses are we've made some new signings lately and we're actually still 10th in the league, despite sounding like we're on the brink of relegation already.

How are your respective sides getting on?  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:57:26 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Footy Fans - Your seasons so far
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:43:46 pm »
R.I.P Dale Roberts - such a waste. Being a Forest Fan & season ticket holder i know how talented he was.

Our season is begining to get momentum. Beating Derby 5-2 after christmas a highlight!!! Unbeaten at home (Stretching 31 games now) and we're starting to pick up wins away now too.  Just need to make a couple of quality signings and hopefully we can make a step forward from last seasons playoff failure.

Lets just hope we dont repeat last season where the wheels came off towards the end!

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
Another lower league fan here - my team's Lincoln City.  Born and grew up in the city so they're my team by law and not Chelski, Liverpool or Dubai City!
We're not doing too well at the moment.  Third bottom of League 2 but it's only the goal difference that puts us above Hereford and Barnet.
We're regrouping following the recent appointment of ex-Sarfend gaffer Steve Tilson following a woeful year under newbie manager and ex-Blackburn and Celtic striker Chris Sutton.
The weather put paid to all matches in December and we're playing Hereford tomorrow in a FA Cup 2nd round replay on 3rd round weekend as the fixture pile up kicks in.

Very sad about your young keeper Pete.   You had our old goalie Alan Marriott there for a bit who I rated as one of the best keepers I've seen play for the Imps in recent years.
Not sure how he fared for your lot and I know he's suffered with injury since going to Mansfield.  

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:11:58 pm by JJ »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:53:45 pm »
Another lower league fan here. i support Liverpool.  :sad1:

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 10:01:28 pm »
KILMARNOCK F.C 4th in the Scottish Premier League  :jumpmove: :congrats: :notworthy: KTID :love:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:19:45 pm »
Leeds fan here  :happy2: and impressed with how we are doing in our first championship season, could be on for the play-offs at this rate, fingers crossed
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 10:29:37 pm »
Leeds fan here  :happy2: and impressed with how we are doing in our first championship season, could be on for the play-offs at this rate, fingers crossed

What do you think about the Alan Smith rumours?

As an NUFC fan I'm pretty pleased. We've bounced back from relegation with some very strong performances. I don't think anyone would disagree that the sacking of Chris Hughton was shameful, but ultimately the fans and indeed the players have shown their passion for the club and got behind Pardew. We'll survive, and that's as much as any realistic Newcastle could have hoped for. Heck, we've even been pretty entertaining to watch!

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 11:04:56 pm »

ive got money on my team beating Arsenal 1-0 in the morning, looking forward to that

im not 100% convinced with the alan smith story only rumour at the minute no contact has been made with the toon yet, im no intrested with the possibility of woodgate on loan from spurs for the rest of the season, think defence is a place we need a good stable back 4 sorting.

really happy with the way we have adapted from legue one to the championship though so far couldnt have asked for better

psw mk5

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 11:24:33 pm »
Toon toon black n White army for me  :notworthy: roll a coaster ride every week ....but it's in the blood  :drinking:

Offline markfive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • You ain't seen me, right?
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »

Same here. I got quite excited this morning when I heard that Roy had been sacked. Then I found out it was Keane, not Hodgson.... Also support the local side, Chelmsford City (kind of have to really, apart from anything else I'm one of their youth coaches...) Fortunately, they're doing better - 6th in BSQ South, four games in hand and a sniff of promotion in the air....
'57 DSG GTI alas now gone, but not forgotten....
Now motorway cruising in a 61 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi. 500+ miles to a tankful and bucketloads of torque :O Ok, it's not a GTI but it's fun... and that's what counts ;)

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 11:33:45 pm »

What do you think about the Alan Smith rumours?

As an NUFC fan I'm pretty pleased. We've bounced back from relegation with some very strong performances. I don't think anyone would disagree that the sacking of Chris Hughton was shameful, but ultimately the fans and indeed the players have shown their passion for the club and got behind Pardew. We'll survive, and that's as much as any realistic Newcastle could have hoped for. Heck, we've even been pretty entertaining to watch!

It would be a great boost to our chances of promotion especially if we get woodgate on loan too, as long as it doesnt ruin the balance of the team as they are playing fantastic football at the moment. Though always liked smith has a good attitude so sure he will fit in fine, will have to wait and see.
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 08:57:45 am »

Your not alone mate. I'm a Liverpool supporter too :sad1:

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 09:38:17 am »

Same here. I got quite excited this morning when I heard that Roy had been sacked. Then I found out it was Keane, not Hodgson.... Also support the local side, Chelmsford City (kind of have to really, apart from anything else I'm one of their youth coaches...) Fortunately, they're doing better - 6th in BSQ South, four games in hand and a sniff of promotion in the air....

I don't think you can blame Hodgson too much, he inherited a mediocre squad from Benitez, who was/is a very poor manager and all the Liverpool fans were behind him  :confused:
If it wasn't for the fans, he would have got sacked a long time ago and someone could have came in and done well. Hodgson is a good manager, he needs the support from Liverpool supporters and the team to play to their full potential. Is that too much to ask?

Btw, I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:08 am »
man City supporter here. Born and raised in Manchester but currently reside in Leicestershire.

Having our best season in living memory - making up for all those years of pain
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline markfive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • You ain't seen me, right?
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 11:15:25 am »
Hodgson is a good manager, he needs the support from Liverpool supporters and the team to play to their full potential. Is that too much to ask?
I keep thinking back to Fergusons early days at Man U. Right now Hodgson needs a couple of results back to back. I agree he needs time (and certainly on paper he was and is a good candidate for the job) but recently he himself looks like he's thrown in the towel. I wouldn't blame him if he has TBH. The question is, how long do the owners allow it to go on for, at present it's just a spiral.
I actually think that the fact that he was allowed to not hold a press conference was a good sign - I think it shows that NESV are still supportive.

Something needs to break the cycle - yesterday I thought that letting Hodgson go was the right thing but having watched his pre-match statement again I'm starting to think that he should actually tough it out....

Gotta love this game....
'57 DSG GTI alas now gone, but not forgotten....
Now motorway cruising in a 61 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi. 500+ miles to a tankful and bucketloads of torque :O Ok, it's not a GTI but it's fun... and that's what counts ;)