Make a donation

Author Topic: Help guys, found the perfect car for the missus but there's a problem  (Read 7305 times)

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: Help guys, found the perfect car for the missus but there's a problem
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 02:19:27 am »
You would be mad to walk with that spec? not sure what the mini is like in genreal for spec but that example sounds a cracking buy.

Darren :happy2:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:22 am »
There seems a rather bigger problem to me... The car in the pic is a left hand drive....

Looks a well specd mini, I got a similar cooper s for my wife last year the best thing is the quick clear windscreen, a god send this winter. I love the pepper White combo and the pano roof is a real bonus.

My mrs' car had about £3k of additional specs on the car, were we buying from a BMW garage the car would have been priced much higher. As such from an Indy I think ^^^he didn't consider or look at the costs of the shed load of toys on the car hence we got a crackin deal. Sounds like you may be in a similar position.

Remember it's also free servicing on the mini.  :happy2:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 09:10:58 am »
The red on the facelift is more of a maroon is it not?  The red on the R53 I agree is a little too 'red' - have you seen it in the flesh yet?

Nasir

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 09:45:00 am »
It does look to be a left hand drive, I don't think the picture is taken in the UK either.

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 10:01:52 am »
Hahaha, guys, re-read the thread! That isn't the car he's is thinking of buying, it's just an example of the colour-way!

Nasir

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 10:21:12 am »
 :ashamed:

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 11:11:01 am »
lol  :laugh: ***slaps head***

Pepper white combo is one of the best imho, we nearly bought this one, admittedly it had a black roof....but the spec was quite low for the money.....

We ended up however with this one and whilst it does need better wheels and maybe a jcw conversion (bodykit and tuning kit  :evilgrin:) the car is totally loaded.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 11:55:03 am »
What about some JWC R95 18inch ..?  I have a set!

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 01:46:13 pm »
Do you now....with rubber? how much?

TBH though unless a total bargain we will prolly be looking at new wheels etc later in the year, still reeling from the expense of Christmas and tomorrow I am getting new side skirts fitted to the gti.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 02:15:14 pm »
they have tyres (have to check what tread), looking to get refurb'd (couple of marks round the edge) - but like you say not cheap wheels - would be looking around 500 notes I expect 

I was meant to get some spacers to run them as winter wheels but never got round to getting them, which is great as I bet my matt black OZ's are cack now ( I daren't look!)

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »
Cheers for now...I think I prefer some cross spokes (still looking at options), there is a lot of winter still to come up here I think, so we will run the 16s we have for now anyway.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 04:42:29 pm »
Deposit placed, we were thinking we'd rather have xenons, panoramic and the other toys than all black seats and a black roof. Should have it by the weekend:) now I can use my car as a toy and put the miles on the diesel. Not sure if I mentioned it on the original post but her cooper s did 250 miles to £60 of fuel, having 2 thirsty cars meant we're at the point where I put a cost on a journey, £50 to go to oxford for the day is crazy. A run like that should be closer to £15 in the diesel!

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 04:59:49 pm »
^^^
Was that an older model Cooper S? ours returns something like 35-40mpg, which is not too shabby...mind you my mrs drives it like a nun.....

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 05:09:44 pm »
^^^
Was that an older model Cooper S? ours returns something like 35-40mpg, which is not too shabby...mind you my mrs drives it like a nun.....

Yep, one of the last of the supercharged models.  It was a brilliant car, panoramic, satnav, full leather, LSD, but when i drove it, I enjoyed the supercharger and the missus is usually driving in town/ short journeys.  To be fair it would do 35-40mpg on a run although the computer was a tad optimistic.  When the new owners picked it up the gauge (digital bars rather than gauge because of satnav) was on full yet the range was showing as 225 miles  :grin: it's a 50 litre tank like the golf

It was sad watching it go, so much fun, if i had a diesel it probably would have stayed but I'm too attached to let the golf go so we keep swapping hers.  This is her 4th car in the 5 years I've had the gti and I'm still not ready to let it go :rolleye:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 05:30:38 pm »
55litre in the Golf.

Mini Cooper S's are rubbish on fuel round town - simple as that.