Make a donation

Author Topic: GT5 vs FORZA...  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: GT5 vs FORZA...
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 07:17:49 pm »
I think forza 3 came out about 2 years ago, its a grandad compared with gt5
And one would it expect it to be - erm, how long have people been kept waiting for GT5? If it was not just as good, if not better than Forza3 I would be worried about giving the developers another crack at it.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:01:36 pm »
GT5 is epic. I have played forza 3 as well, got quite far on it. It is a good game but GT5 is so much more of a simulation really, rather than an arcade game.

Now im not saying forza is an arcade type game, but its a lot closer to it that GT5 ever will be.

GT5 is harder, but with that, i always find it so much more satisfying. For example, throwing a 850 bhp R8 V10 around the nurburgring and getting a good time is very hard work, but so satisfying.

I was on forza the other day driving a 962 porsche. I was driving round the nurburgring and it was so easy to get 6.30 laps in. Some corners you could do flat out and to me, it was totally unrealistic!

so u think gt5 is really that accurate?? if you went yourself in your car and did a 10 min lap, could you beat it on gt5 or destroy it?? suppose the fear factor comes into play in real life though.

This is quite an interesting comparison Joe..

Or if you want to dam right ridiculous....  :surprised:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »
If I remember correctly GT5 was going to be a PS3 launch title.  :surprised:

In fairness I haven't played it but I have seen it and it looked stunning, which it probably should considering it's development cycle.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:55 pm »
Having had GT5 since Xmas day i think it is a very good game.

It is definately NOT up to the hype they gave it.

Or if you want to dam right ridiculous....  :surprised:

Im currently working my way up to that. Im at level 25 at the moment and need to be at level 30 to unlock the Sebsatien Vettel challenge to go for that car. Currently i have a Minolta Race car and fook me it's quick so that thing will be stupid.

Although after watching the video the cheeky fookers have just nicked the video of my lap in the Blue Bullet (i had a camera in the skoda badge) and overlayed an F1 engine sound to it. Wasn't my best lap though as i did a 2:58 :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:17:41 pm by vRS Carl »