Make a donation

Author Topic: fitting a genuine RS4 or TTS steering wheel  (Read 10689 times)

Offline Ottis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
fitting a genuine RS4 or TTS steering wheel
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:25:48 pm »
I need some help, i am thinking of fitting a genuine RS4 or TTS steering wheel since I got my Golf MK5 GTI ED30 and was wondering if anyone i could give me advice with info on fitting it also cheapest place to find one?

any general help would be appreciated, I want to know if it'll be a straight swap or what kind of stuff needs done if not. :notworthy: :happy2:

Offline damoegan

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: fitting a genuine RS4 or TTS steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:50:40 pm »
I've seen them on a mk5 before and believe its a straight swop..

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:58:45 pm »
Its a straight swap as far as fitting the wheel is concerned.

If you want the buttons to work its a little bit more involved.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 01:07:49 pm »
Luke of plush automotive has done this mod..Grab a cup of tea and have a read of his build thread
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4771.360.html
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:11:08 pm by maxitrol »

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:54 pm »
In that case then can you put an r8 wheel on?  How does dsg effect it?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 02:28:40 pm »
In that case then can you put an r8 wheel on?  How does dsg effect it?

If you put a DSG R8 wheel on a manual Golf it wouldnt matter at all. The paddles just do nothing.

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:46:02 pm »
I think this might get added to my long list of wanted mods. It's the closest I'm going to get to an r8 anyway!  :signLOL:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 02:50:44 pm »
How about a mk6/Rocco MFSW like mine, IMO just gives the interior a lift  :happy2: (and the buttons work)

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 03:19:56 pm »
That is nice. Prob cheaper than an r8 wheel too! Is that the wheel that goes in the golf r aswell?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 03:22:18 pm »
Same wheel just the R wheel has piano black (gloss) inserts instead of the silver/ali look  :happy2:

I paid about £200 with the airbag, was a while ago now though.

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:00 pm »
Do like that wheel, cheaper then a MK5 sometimes on the bay too yet it's newer haha!

Might have to get one if it's simple plug and play and MFSW controls work? But guessing it will need vag com? I have it and the cable just don't know how to use it haha!
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 03:55:19 pm »
Do like that wheel, cheaper then a MK5 sometimes on the bay too yet it's newer haha!

Might have to get one if it's simple plug and play and MFSW controls work? But guessing it will need vag com? I have it and the cable just don't know how to use it haha!

No its not plug and play it needs to be coded.

You also need a new steering wheel controller to get the horn/buttons to function, which you'd also need if you were fitting a MK5 MFSW albeit different part numbers.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:57:34 pm by apollo13 »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 03:59:00 pm »
excellent mod the wheel same as me Lee :signLOL:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 04:01:34 pm »
^^I much prefer it to the standard MK5 wheel, the interior is quite boring without it IMO.

Andy did you get your stereo/bluetooth sorted out??

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 04:16:29 pm »
This controller you speak of, does it not come with the wheel then? How much are they?