Make a donation

Author Topic: fitting a genuine RS4 or TTS steering wheel  (Read 10688 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: fitting a genuine RS4 or TTS steering wheel
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 04:24:09 pm »
^^I much prefer it to the standard MK5 wheel, the interior is quite boring without it IMO.

Andy did you get your stereo/bluetooth sorted out??
not as yet..waiting on Darren(Mortygtdi) to fit it for me when he has chance..The mk6 s/w makes a lot of difference :smiley:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 04:25:22 pm »
This controller you speak of, does it not come with the wheel then? How much are they?

No it doesnt come with the wheel. You already have a steering controller in your car, but its unlikely it will suitable (def not for the MK6 wheel).

It makes the stalks/horn/cruise/buttons work depending on what you have installed, and comes in lowline,midline and highline variations.

Your looking at around £130 from the dealers but they can be had on ebay for less.

The one for the MK6 wheel is hard to get secondhand so the dealer is the best bet, although they do pop up on ebay slightly cheaper.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »
Right I see. Thanks for your help. So is there a part number for each one or do I just say to the dealer I need a dsg, highline, mfsw cotroller?  :driver:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 04:46:13 pm »
For the MK6 wheel you'll need 1K0 953 549 CH

The best one for the MK5 MFSW is 1K0 953 549 BK although there are many others.

For MK5 wheel you'll need a highline module SW0101 or SW0070 so there are a few to chose from  :happy2:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions

For both wheels you'll also need a type 2 slip ring but if you have a GTI with midline or highline display you'll have that already.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:48:17 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 04:55:00 pm »
^^I much prefer it to the standard MK5 wheel, the interior is quite boring without it IMO.

Andy did you get your stereo/bluetooth sorted out??
not as yet..waiting on Darren(Mortygtdi) to fit it for me when he has chance..The mk6 s/w makes a lot of difference :smiley:

Hes a busy man that Darren!!

There are a few of us with them on here now.

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 08:18:34 am »
the audi wheels will bolt staright on but the air bag won't connect so you will through an airbag light on the audi bags are twin detonators (or at least they have 2 plugs not 1 like the golf) I wasn't prepared to mess around with hardwirierng the bag in in case i got it wrong in the process  :rolleye: :rolleye: plus i needed the extra cables for other things  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Ottis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 01:01:49 pm »
All your help is greatly appreciated ,but point me in the right direction for cheapest place to find a genuine RS4 or TTS steering wheel can anyone help :notworthy: :happy2: