Make a donation

Author Topic: BBS VZ 8"X18".  (Read 2990 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
BBS VZ 8"X18".
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:07 am »
Hi I have been looking around for a set of vz bbs rims and contacted BBS in Germany to be told they have been out of production for  4 yrs ,explains why they arent on the bbs website.

They explained they were  only available as 8x18 with a 44 off set and they could possibly put me in touch with a German supplier who may have some .

Can some one explain what the off set is ,I know the stock ED30 wheel is 7.5x18 with a 51 off set

I sort off get the vz is .5 wider and the of set is 7 different is that a Metric dimension in 7mm ???

I read on here somewhere vzs give the car a better stance

Just replaced my ED30 tyres with new Michelins 225/40/18 and the Michelin site said they will fit up to a 9" rim so no problem there .

thanks in advance

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: BBS VZ 8"X18".
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:04:33 am »
Friend of mine is also after a set and has been in contact with 'PW Motorsport' who import BBS into the UK, they have also confirmed that the VZ has not been in production for some while but that they 'may' be doing another run late August...?

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel, so the VZ will stick out around 13mm more than a standard Pescara (7mm for the higher offset and roughly 6 mm for the wider rim)

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:29:46 am »
Also handy for those ED30 owners wanting to upgrade the brakes, theres very little choice for a BBK behind pescaras, QD got a set of 996 Turbo Calipers behind the VZ's with no spacer

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 06:03:19 am »
Andy
7R

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 10:29:19 pm »
Friend of mine is also after a set and has been in contact with 'PW Motorsport' who import BBS into the UK, they have also confirmed that the VZ has not been in production for some while but that they 'may' be doing another run late August...?

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel, so the VZ will stick out around 13mm more than a standard Pescara (7mm for the higher offset and roughly 6 mm for the wider rim)

Steve - does that still apply, do PWM no longer do the VZ's for £599?  :surprised:

I was hoping to get a set for mine and ultimately an A3 (which will be my next car). Ta  :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:29:50 pm »

Steve - does that still apply, do PWM no longer do the VZ's for £599?  :surprised:

I was hoping to get a set for mine and ultimately an A3 (which will be my next car). Ta  :happy2:

Phil @ PW is a member on here, drop him a pm!  :happy2:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:07:40 am »

When I spoke with Phil sometime ago he told me exactly the same thing. I have a set in my garage which im considering selling, one rim has a pothole scar, other than that they have a few stone chips and minor scratches.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 09:38:23 am »
The CF looks pretty similar. No good?