Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone going skiing this year?  (Read 5446 times)

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: Anyone going skiing this year?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 08:37:51 pm »
Yeps 22nd January wooo hooo! no wife, no kids, just mates and me myself and I to worry about for a whole week!

http://www.tignesnet.com/webcam/tignes/122

Place will be well and truly out of beer! 

Have not been for the last 2 years, but it is a real hoot!  See old mates from way back, and ski hard and play hard!

http://www.rnwsa.co.uk/index1.html

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 10:03:04 pm »
^^^^ that's the idea. Not so much as burn the candle at both ends but chuck it in the fire.

An intense week ahead. Bring it on! Tbh I'd forego any summer holiday for my ski week any time. Love it, have only missed two weeks in the past 18 years. One I had a broken shoulder and two my daughter was born right in middle of ski season. (bad planning)  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:38:24 pm by no golf clubs at all »

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 12:08:36 pm »
I'm off to Montgenevre on Saturday cant wait goig to be a messy trip with 17 other people!  :drinking:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Callumrobin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:02 pm »
I'm off to Alpe Du Huez on Saturday with a load of mates, cannot wait! Wahoo!! :jumping:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=i8rfj4doej3m19hcdhjmj3k291&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 04:35:04 pm »
I just spent all day today at the Snow Centre in Hemel and learnt to snowboard.... i think i'm a convert!!

Had an awesome time!  :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Offline BenR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 04:41:32 pm »
Just spent 2 weeks in Vail Colorado, absolutely awesome skiing and a really good resort, with Lionshead down the road equally as nice as vail, Beaver Creek about 20 mins drive also excellent resort snow wasnt as good whilst I was there as it's lower in altitude than the two mentioned above.

Highly recommend this place been to most of Europe as been skiing since I could walk  :smiley: and this tops the lot for amount of skiing, variety of different runs, and the vast amount of tree skiing is just unreal, if anyone gets the opportunity to go, do so!!  Only possible downside is that its a long flight away but flying doesn't bother me  :happy2:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »
We did the same one year...fantastic and spent a nit in Denver which was a really cool city too.

Offline damo666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 12:24:59 am »
I just spent all day today at the Snow Centre in Hemel and learnt to snowboard.... i think i'm a convert!!

Had an awesome time!  :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:
:drinking:
time go put the skis on eBay  :grin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=i8rfj4doej3m19hcdhjmj3k291&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 05:30:57 pm »
Awesome first day! 6 hours skiing at Mach 2.... And a few fast black runs!

Offline Kings

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 07:18:00 pm »
I'm off to Alpe Du Huez on Saturday with a load of mates, cannot wait! Wahoo!! :jumping:

Got back from Alpe d'Huez last weekend after a week of skiing, absolutely brilliant time, group of 16.

Conditions were very good, 1st time I've been there, but it has something there for everyone, a good range of slopes for all abilities and a very good night life so you can ski hard and party hard! Nothing like a blast of mountain air in the morning to clear a hangover!!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 09:46:29 am »

:signLOL:

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 12:48:22 pm »
Not long back from Cairngorm... The saturday they shut the top section due to high winds so boarded Lecht.. Sunday Cairngorm never even opened... :sad1:

Offline Callumrobin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 05:06:44 pm »

Got back from Alpe d'Huez last weekend after a week of skiing, absolutely brilliant time, group of 16.

Conditions were very good, 1st time I've been there, but it has something there for everyone, a good range of slopes for all abilities and a very good night life so you can ski hard and party hard! Nothing like a blast of mountain air in the morning to clear a hangover!!

I got back from there on Staurday, had a great time, amazing weather but snow was not the best which was a shame, still had an awesome time though and would recommend to others!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 05:36:27 pm »
Just playing around with an iPhone GPS Ski Tracker and google earth

Thats about a 1:15hrs run!