Make a donation

Author Topic: Amount of previous owners  (Read 882 times)

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
Amount of previous owners
« on: January 12, 2011, 09:25:04 pm »
hi guys just a quick one realy, when it comes to buying a car does the amount of previous owners bother you? providing its all HPI clear and straight? it doesnt realy bother me hence when i brought my car, it has 4 prev owners and its only 3 and abit years old! but its low milage with all history to prove that its genuine! i keep toying with the idea of selling up but when i do i always get the question and people put off by the owners! i dont understand! arrggh

mitch

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Amount of previous owners
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 09:29:45 pm »
Its not worried me in the past, but might concern me a little now i've thought about things further along the lines of why have so many people bought it and sold on so quickly - is it hiding something kinda thing. But in the past its not something ive really considered.
I know a few people that have been looking for cars and have been very picky about the number of previous owners tho
Ant

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:30:56 pm »
It bothers some people , a car that has had alot of owners can give the impressions it's had issues, you just need to find a buyer thats not bothered, personally I would want as little owners as possible.

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »
this is the thing people think that theres something wrong with a car with more owners, but you dont no weather there people like me who just get bord, fancy a change ect, and trying to convince people can be fustrating, i also normaly get cars with less owners but in this case it realy didnt bother me...

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 09:46:25 pm »
I sold a MK2 GTI last week that had had 13 owners!  :signLOL: Unlucky for some but the new owner wasn't concerned in the slightest!  :happy2: