Make a donation

Author Topic: Sig?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
Sig?
« on: January 14, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »
Anyone know any good sites to make a new forum sig on? :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Sig?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
The King of Forum Sigs is our very own Very Cherry  :notworthy: - Look for a small "VC" credit on many sigs on this site.

However, he is a busy dude. But if he can help I'm sure he will - PM him.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 05:30:10 pm »
I quite like your sig though, Tara, because it shows you and your horse and so communicates a lot about what you like.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 09:18:48 pm »
Hey I agree with RR your Sig has become instantly recognisable with you and is a very clear indication of your personality.

Out of Interest RR where did you get your Sig done? I have always wondered where you got your Nurburgring logo from and who took the picture of you on the track? One of my favourite sigs but probably because I keep seeing it everywhere lol  :P

I am a logo designer by trade, that is why I am interested.

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 09:22:29 pm »
Speak to Mr Cherry. He will sort you out I'm sure tara  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 10:50:07 pm »
Hey I agree with RR your Sig has become instantly recognisable with you and is a very clear indication of your personality.

Out of Interest RR where did you get your Sig done? I have always wondered where you got your Nurburgring logo from and who took the picture of you on the track? One of my favourite sigs but probably because I keep seeing it everywhere lol  :P

....Thanks for the compliment  :drinking:. I'm a retired logo designer (corporate identity etc) so I created it myself and the photo is one of several I have bought from various Nurburgring photographers with unpronouncable German names.

Going back to Tara's sig, perhaps she'd be happy if her new design still included images of her, her car, and her horse but new images and arranged in a different style and combination.

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 09:40:05 am »
Thanks guys, car looks a bit different now so just wanted to update it a bit really  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 04:12:07 pm »

Thanks guys, car looks a bit different now so just wanted to update it a bit really  :happy2:

....Am glad to hear you're not having a personal identity crisis!  :laugh:  :happy2:

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 08:00:45 pm »

....Thanks for the compliment  :drinking:. I'm a retired logo designer (corporate identity etc) so I created it myself and the photo is one of several I have bought from various Nurburgring photographers with unpronouncable German names.

Going back to Tara's sig, perhaps she'd be happy if her new design still included images of her, her car, and her horse but new images and arranged in a different style and combination.

Fantastic that would explain why it is so good. I need to get round to doing myself a real logo now and a decent sig. Do you still dabble in a bit of Adobe wizardry? I would be really interested in meeting you one day over a beer, I am still very new in the logo design game and my business is coming up to one years old. I have met many designers who are Golf lovers, infact all of my personal friends who drive golfs are designers haha.

Tara, i look forward to seeing your stylish new logo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 12:17:04 am »

Fantastic that would explain why it is so good. I need to get round to doing myself a real logo now and a decent sig. Do you still dabble in a bit of Adobe wizardry? I would be really interested in meeting you one day over a beer, I am still very new in the logo design game and my business is coming up to one years old. I have met many designers who are Golf lovers, infact all of my personal friends who drive golfs are designers haha.

....I'd be very happy to meet and chat. I ran my own limited company design consultancy based in Chelsea for over 25 years, so plenty to tell although I retired a while ago in 1999. I see you're around Guildford - I have close friends near Milford I visit occasionally, on average 3 or 4 times a year or whenever I'm passing. Otherwise, if you're free, this isn't too far away(?) next Thursday evening:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23549.0.html

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 03:40:16 pm »

....I'd be very happy to meet and chat. I ran my own limited company design consultancy based in Chelsea for over 25 years, so plenty to tell although I retired a while ago in 1999. I see you're around Guildford - I have close friends near Milford I visit occasionally, on average 3 or 4 times a year or whenever I'm passing. Otherwise, if you're free, this isn't too far away(?) next Thursday evening:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23549.0.html
[/quote

I would have liked to come this evening but I have prior engagements to attend. I would however be interested in meeting you at one of these meet ups in the future or just at a local pub if you are passing through my way? I live in Pirbright just outside of Guildford and spend nearly all of my time at home being a freelancer with a small design company. Where abouts are you from if you don't mind me asking? The whole Chelsea thing sounds like my dream company, I have many questions to ask you already!

James

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 12:12:42 am »
@ James:

I'm about 2.5 hrs away from you but, as I say, am up in your neck of the woods occasionally so I'll try and work in a visit. :happy2:

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 02:22:06 pm »
Thanks Robin PM me in future for details of mine. Look forward to any chance meetings in the future.