Make a donation

Author Topic: Yet another...Can anyone help with the revo select settings please?  (Read 8709 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Hello folks. Since getting Revo stage 2+ last week  Ive had the engine light come on twice. fault code saying engine running rich on bank 1.
So I bought a new select+ switch(£126 brand new :star:) as I thought I might need to change some settings. I never had the engine light come on until I switched from bluefin.
So Dave at PDT set it up with B9T5F5. when on the rollers it was pulling 5degrees of timing.
I did a log of that setting yesterday and it seemed fine, but the car had just warmed up.

So I changed the settings to B8T6F6 to see if the light came on, and leaned the A/F ratio out a bit. Bearing in mind I', running the stock I/C
I did 2 runs back to back which gave different readings

I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on which way I should progress with these settings, as people on here will have had more experience with this than I have!
Thanks in advance for any help :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Yet another...Can anyone help with the revo select settings please?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:22:30 pm »
I'm no expert on VAGCOM (not got it myself), but is your boost not a little bit low for Stage 2+?  :confused: Should it not be requesting 1.6/1.7 bar? Yours seems to be requesting and making around 1.5 bar which is what Stage 1/2 should get IIRC..

*Edit* Cancel that, just looked again and the boost is fine..  :ashamed:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:32:02 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:20:26 pm »
I would leave it on B8 T6 F6. Your timing pull is minimal which is what your aiming for.

B8 T6 F6 will give you more power than B9 T5 F5.

You could try B9 T6 F6 and see where your timing pull goes. Upping the boost or timing any more is not going to give you that much more power.

Unless your chasing numbers I would leave it as it is on B8 T6 F6 :happy2:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:49:23 pm »
Thanks carl :wink:
Just hope then engine light stays off :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 06:53:17 pm »
More importantly, how are you finding the car now with the Revo Stage 2+ Dom? Better than BF I would guess..?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 07:18:15 pm »
Well after a week, I would have said marginally better, but the hancook winter tyres, fwd, 350bhp, slippery roads aren't a very good combination for comparison :laugh: bring on the sun! There's more lower down grunt than before, but just get too much wheelspin. I had a non resonated pipe fitted last week which makes a nice improvement over the resonated system, not too loud at all, but makes it sound like it should have done from the factory. Might polish up the resonated section, someone might be after one with a bit of luck. Looks like an fmic might be on the cards for summer :popcornsoda:
Shame u dropped out of the motorscope day, would have made a nice comparison :sad1:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »
Both sets of logs look fine, I had that same fault code on mine last week, wad a faulty MAF, I could clear it but would come back within 30 miles, with new maf its fine.

B9 T5 F5   Wont make much difference to B8 T6 F6  as far as power figures but log it again one the weather warms up as this could result in more timing pull, its also worth it to log your EGT's if you remove fuel but add timing, they usually arent an issue but its 20 mins to check for peace of mind.

Glad you got your exhaust sorted, things have been crazy busy here this week plus I was off ill on Tuesday/Wednesday so couldnt get you in.

Good luck on the dyno day, not that the figures would be dissapointing  :innocent: 

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »
Well after a week, I would have said marginally better, but the hancook winter tyres, fwd, 350bhp, slippery roads aren't a very good combination for comparison :laugh: bring on the sun! There's more lower down grunt than before, but just get too much wheelspin. I had a non resonated pipe fitted last week which makes a nice improvement over the resonated system, not too loud at all, but makes it sound like it should have done from the factory. Might polish up the resonated section, someone might be after one with a bit of luck. Looks like an fmic might be on the cards for summer :popcornsoda:
Shame u dropped out of the motorscope day, would have made a nice comparison :sad1:

Yeah tell me about it mate..  :sad1: Would of been ideal that, as we have the same mods bar different intakes (EVOMS/Twintake).. If anything changes, i'll let you know mate..  :happy2:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 02:30:02 pm »
Oh oh, engine light on again :sad1:
Hope its the MAF and not a new fuel pump :stupid: if it goes then it looks like an APR pump is on the cards :scared:
How much was the mew Maf Dave out of curiosity, and what deaks can you do on a Forge Twincooler?

Saint Steve

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »
What pump do you have if your already running stage 2+ heavyd??

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 04:28:50 pm »
autoech.....
From the searches that I've done. The
008584 - Bank 1; System too Rich at Idle
               P2188 - 008 - Implausible Signal
fault is either Maf, o2 sensor, or HPFP internal leaking fuel.
The first fault showed it appeared at 17.45 last friday, which was when I was still at PDT :sad1:

Saint Steve

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 05:06:24 pm »
autoech.....
From the searches that I've done. The
008584 - Bank 1; System too Rich at Idle
               P2188 - 008 - Implausible Signal
fault is either Maf, o2 sensor, or HPFP internal leaking fuel.
The first fault showed it appeared at 17.45 last friday, which was when I was still at PDT :sad1:

Then the components that PDT had removed maybe would be the 1st i would look at if thats true.Hopefully one of those 3?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 05:29:38 pm »
They hadnt touched any of them to my knowledge, they had an air sensor from the dyno going into the engine bay, dont know where, and thats all they touched in the bay.
Just did more logs and fuel trims and lambda sensors are all ok.
Looks like cheapest option first, then onto the wallet emptiers last!

Saint Steve

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 05:32:11 pm »
They hadnt touched any of them to my knowledge, they had an air sensor from the dyno going into the engine bay, dont know where, and thats all they touched in the bay.
Just did more logs and fuel trims and lambda sensors are all ok.
Looks like cheapest option first, then onto the wallet emptiers last!

fingers crossed for an easy fix fella :happy2:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 07:05:59 pm »
Oh oh, engine light on again :sad1:
Hope its the MAF and not a new fuel pump :stupid: if it goes then it looks like an APR pump is on the cards :scared:
How much was the mew Maf Dave out of curiosity, and what deaks can you do on a Forge Twincooler?

Take a look at your fuel trims and post the results.