Make a donation

Author Topic: passenger door stuck shut !  (Read 1841 times)

Offline gtineal

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
passenger door stuck shut !
« on: January 15, 2011, 03:48:06 pm »
went out last night and my son couldnt get the passenger door open so i had a go and its stuck shut  :confused: done a check and its coming up 01038 - Central Locking Thermal Protection , you can hear the lock working so i think the catch is stuck shut the thing is i cant get the door card of coz i cant open the door  :confused:. ive got the top part of the card open and can just about get my hand down but i dont really know what im trying to do in there it looks like theres a big white plastic block inside , think that could be the lock? 

any help would be great  :happy2: the car is an 07 edition 30 if this helps ?

neal

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: passenger door stuck shut !
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:30:58 pm »
Have you got vag com?
2007 GTI | 18'' Monzas |Xenons|Highline|MFSW|Lux pack| Factory Tints |Cruise control
Mods: VWR Quickshift |Forge DV |Autotech HPFP| Sportlines | |Goodrich hoses |Milltek non res TBE | Stage 2 map | Custom CAI

Offline gtineal

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:36:41 pm »
 done a check and its coming up 01038 - Central Locking Thermal Protection   :happy2:

Offline andy7ven

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:19:12 pm »
Good luck mate, I had the same problem with my passenger door - wouldn't open 9 times out of 10 - just kept making a clicking noise twice. No matter how many times I pressed the open button on the drivers door. Cost £344.65 at the stealers for a new lock to be fitted.  :surprised:

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 12:07:36 am »
If you have vag com go into central locking and perform a output crash test will pop the doors regardless of a fault
2007 GTI | 18'' Monzas |Xenons|Highline|MFSW|Lux pack| Factory Tints |Cruise control
Mods: VWR Quickshift |Forge DV |Autotech HPFP| Sportlines | |Goodrich hoses |Milltek non res TBE | Stage 2 map | Custom CAI

Offline gtineal

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 08:41:28 pm »
well after hours of messing around with no luck id come to the conclusion it would be off to the stealers  :sad1:, i told the missus and said ill go get my tools out, i gave the handle about 4-5 hard pulls and pop the bloody door opened  :laugh:  ive spray greased it loads and all the other doors so ive got my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best, cheers for the replys and will keep in mind the method with vag com incase it does happen again

cheers  neal