Make a donation

Author Topic: Alarm Issue  (Read 934 times)

Hammy77

Alarm Issue
« on: January 17, 2011, 01:52:00 pm »
Hi, first post on here just wondered if anybody else had encountered this problem or if it's anything I should worry about.  I'll try and keep it as short as possible.

Bought my GTi almost exactly a year ago (loving every minute of it) and it's out of warranty at the start of next month.  I got it in for it's MOT last week and also got the cd/radio replaced under warranty.  A couple of days later in the evening the alarm went off continiously for about an hour and a half then stopped.  Did it again the next night except this time it didn't stop.  Took it back to the dealers the next morning and they say they saw a Touran with the same problem a couple of weeks ago.  They told me that due to the abnormally low temperatures recently a small drop of condensation had formed inside the roof and shorted a circuit which is between the lining and roof panel which led the car to think the battery was being lifted thus the alarm was going off constantly.  I was obviously worried at the mention of moisture in the car but they said there was no water penetration but they would do a full water penetration test anyway.  It's going to be in for a few days and is covered by the warranty but I don't fancy this happening again and paying for it out of my own pocket.  I wondered if anybody has any thoughts on this and also would the dealers work be guaranteed even though the car is out of warranty in a month.