Make a donation

Author Topic: Huston, we have an unsolverable problem.  (Read 3971 times)

Offline mlr55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Huston, we have an unsolverable problem.
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:57:03 pm »
So here goes...

The gti was sent to vw with numerous problems including the common hpfp/intake cam problem so they were replaced with autotech internals and a S3 cam. Although its running better it is still getting a 'fuelling issue' under boost. Fuel tank and filter have been checked and swarf was found which im guessing is from the cam wear, also found some on the crankshaft positioning sensor magnet.

This is what has been checked and is fine:
Plugs, coilpack, maf, fuel pump, hpfp, intake cam, dv (latest revision), new ecu tried to exclude remap.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with it, both me and vw are clutching at straws! Im thinking injectors or possible split in the loom.

Cheers Martin

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
Re: Huston, we have an unsolverable problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »
what exactly is the fueling issue?
2007 GTI | 18'' Monzas |Xenons|Highline|MFSW|Lux pack| Factory Tints |Cruise control
Mods: VWR Quickshift |Forge DV |Autotech HPFP| Sportlines | |Goodrich hoses |Milltek non res TBE | Stage 2 map | Custom CAI

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:30:40 pm »
Did you replace the high pressure fuel sensor that on the hpfp?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:51:13 pm »
What's the fuelling issue??? What's the effects on the car???
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline mlr55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 08:33:43 am »
The hpfp sensors were changed after the pump was sent to PDT, vw managed to break them removing the pump but have replaced free of charge.  Im unsure on the fueling issue now because vw have had the car for over a month (thankgod iv got my vr6) but when i had it it their was a slight misfire on 2nd cylinder and power/boost seemedto cut out when accelerating hard. The car also has dsg if that helps? 

Any ideas??

Martin

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:28:28 am »
has the car been datalogged? This would be my first thing to do, checking as many parameters as possible.

Which VW dealer removed the pump? when we received it it looked like it had been removed with an axe before being bathed in used engine oil and dropkicked into a box.  :confused:

Offline mlr55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:53:41 pm »
Haha  as mad as I am with vw right now that did make me laugh!  Its vw morecambe that doing the work, my mate does sales up there so im getting a 'good' rate.  I cant believe im telling them what to try.  As for datalogging I will have to ask.

Martin

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 04:14:35 pm »
Haha  as mad as I am with vw right now that did make me laugh!  Its vw morecambe that doing the work, my mate does sales up there so im getting a 'good' rate.  I cant believe im telling them what to try.  As for datalogging I will have to ask.

Martin

Hey mate, im from morecambe, is your the silver one with lm reps?? the tech's at lancaster VW are a bunch of muppets!! Ive had a few issues with them in the past. Were you the lad i had a play with when i had my ed30 engine, down the bypass??

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline mlr55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 04:35:24 pm »
Thats my car yeah but it was my mate who works there that took it up, mid December time?  The guy im dealing with seems sound enough, they just seem to have run out of ideas. If vw cant fix it (and run up a big bill in the process) who can?

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »
Thats my car yeah but it was my mate who works there that took it up, mid December time?  The guy im dealing with seems sound enough, they just seem to have run out of ideas. If vw cant fix it (and run up a big bill in the process) who can?

This was mine, would have been before december, ive had my R since september.

With regards to mending it, have you got VCDS?? you need to do some logs and let the boffins on here take a look at them.

what remap have you got on the car??

Il also add, if you want your car compleatly mended then take it to statlers sheffield. These guys are the only people who i would completly trust and recomend mending my car, they are the only people ive used that fully understand EVERYTHING on the 2.0 tfsi engine.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:59:07 pm by joesgti »

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline mlr55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 06:08:50 pm »
Thanks Joe

The map is by MRC it was on the car before I bought it, they have tried a new ecu and the car still has the fault.  I havent got a VCDS but im guessing vw could give me the fault codes.

Nice 5 by the way, I love my car, even have a set of lovely new alloys waiting for it at home!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »
VW probably dont even know how to log it to be fair, its not the fault codes you need, its the actual fuel rail pressure readings and boost readings etc etc, give statlers a call, theyl find the fault and fix it, just leave it with them for a few days.

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 07:30:48 pm »
Just from what iv read I presume that the new ecu is just standard I.e not being mapped??? If it's dsg has it had a dsg map done??? Now this is where this idea could go tits up but if the dsg has being mapped and the ecu is standard could this be causing the hesitation... Iv no idea but someone will know if it would cause a problem..
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 08:57:35 pm »
Just to chime in about the mrc map, I have a stage 2 mrc map at the moment and I have had nothing but problems with fuelling etc, the map was on the car when I bought it. I have changed the fuel pump to an Apr one and still have slight issues. In the next month or so I will be completely removing the mrc  software to stage 3 revo. There are other issues I have had with the work that they did on the car previous to my ownership but don't really want to get into that on an open forum. :happy2:

Offline mlr55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »
Trick gti...

My ecu is mapped by MRC, the one they tried is standard, the dsg has no map on it.

Lucky gti...

My thoughts are that it is the map really, so far from what I know is the car was mapped by them for a company called RS fabrications (who I bought the car from), I rang MRC ages ago when the problems started and they said quite bluntly that they had mapped the car but it was then played with by RS fab. So god knows.  I think some one has played with it and tried to push the settings too far.

Out of interest whos best for mapping??