Make a donation

Author Topic: 18" Monza vs Pescara  (Read 5301 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: 18" Monza vs Pescara
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 09:44:11 pm »
I love my Monza II's. Actually they are what made me first notice the Mk 5 GTI and then buy one :laugh:

I do also like the pescaras but the 18" monzas were an important option when I was looking at GTI's, look much better then the standard 17" monzas (the diamond finish and grey inserts are brilliant).

All my opinion obviously.

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 11:20:31 pm »
When I first saw shots of the Monza IIs about four years ago, I was in love. Having said that, I bought an ED30. I still love the Monzas, which is why I bought a set from Mr Nousey.

As TC said, in that twilight period, they look stunning.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 11:23:14 pm »
I prefer the monza's or Huffs purely for its ease of cleaning  :ashamed:. Multispoke alloys are an absolute balls ache to keep clean.In Motion the Monza's also look the bussiness when rolling aswell :happy2:

Although later this year, am looking to purchase some new alloys, CH black editions on 19" or Talledega's from the R.

Agree with the comment on black alloys suiting certain colours better.

Same here I am fed up with cleaning the Pescara, they take as long as the rest of the car to do right and to make matters worse they seem to get dirty quicker than any other wheel I've ever had, hence the reason I'm looking for some black monzas - Steve PM me if and when you are selling yours  :happy2:

GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline dTEA

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:58 am »
Monza IIs look fantastic at dusk, and although I have em on mine, the ease in which they worm is untrue. I've still to get down to Birmingham as RedRobin suggested to get a proper refurb. Pescaras for me for the daily grind and I'd keep my Monzas in top condition :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 02:15:30 pm »
Same here I am fed up with cleaning the Pescara, they take as long as the rest of the car to do
Do you not protect your rims? A coat of sealant and the dirt thereafter comes off with just the pressure washer.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 09:19:08 pm »
Yes they are protected with Collinite Insulator wax, but still requires a bit more effort than simply jet washing especially after leaving all the winter grit and salt on for over a month. In comparison the wifes open style 6 spoke alloys took a fraction of the time to clean. Also they seem to get dirty quicker than any other wheel must be something to do with the style  :surprised:
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)