Make a donation

Author Topic: i need help  (Read 1947 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
i need help
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:57:23 pm »
and start of by saying my car is fine. I NEED HELP mentally. i cant stop spending. every time i get one thing i want something else. instead of my list getting smaller i find more and more i want.
Ive gota say this golf is the most rewarding car ive had to mod and to drive. Had S2000, 330clubsport bmw and non of them made me feel like this does.
Im sure theres alot of people on here feeling the same.

My next mods are as follows and really want to know if they are really worth doing or stop spending haha

Anti lift Kit
30mm lowering springs also unsure who to get these from and what make but will do a search :happy2:
new discs with ds2500 pads
tints

:driver:

That will do for now as ive already spent alot getting to stage 2+

Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
Re: i need help
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:59:27 pm »
Do it!!  :signLOL: What mods have you done so far?

Offline markevo6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:52:33 pm »

Your not alone , I bought our Gti for my wife and its turned into a complete addiction .

I have never ever been like this about any other car I have owned and I've had all sorts over the years from Ferrari 355 spider , 996 turbo cab , skyline gtr , evo6 ( still got ) etc

I find myself popping onto the forums for a quick look and spending hours reading various posts , this is the best forum i have ever joined , it really is excellant
but very very expensive as there is always something i want and it goes on the list.

My list was huge , and as you  , the more I buy the more I add to it . My biggest problem is I now need someone to put all the bits on for me - anyone in Kent good with these Gti's ?

My mates think I need help , and they are not far wrong  :signLOL:

Offline Fastmonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 01:18:15 pm »
Don't worry mate it's an illness but better to go with it ! I've got a highly modified MK2 and when I bought my MK5 I convinced myself I would keep it standard. Then you come on here (and R32oc) and get ideas. I needed new tyres so thought I should go for 19"'s then no point going to 19"'s and not sorting the ride height out so then some springs (30mm Apex, seem excellent)  then some LED bulbs, then a milltek, and the list of to do's is growing !
MK5 R32 DSG Build thread   -  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23512.15.html
MK2 VR6 Vortech Charged

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 01:42:35 pm »
and start of by saying my car is fine. I NEED HELP mentally. i cant stop spending. every time i get one thing i want something else. instead of my list getting smaller i find more and more i want. Ive gota say this golf is the most rewarding car ive had to mod and to drive. Had S2000, 330clubsport bmw and non of them made me feel like this does.
Im sure theres alot of people on here feeling the same.

My next mods are as follows and really want to know if they are really worth doing or stop spending haha

Anti lift Kit
30mm lowering springs also unsure who to get these from and what make but will do a search :happy2:
new discs with ds2500 pads
tints

:driver:

That will do for now as ive already spent alot getting to stage 2+

lol , id be a far richer man if i didnt read this forum :laugh:

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »
your right this forum doesnt help wanting to spend money but it is a top on eto say the least. when i had my mk4turbo i was on the mkvis-net and that was good but i find myself looking on here for new threads every night even now after working 16hrs straight lol.

So far i have done:
ITG maxogen
Autotech HPFP internals
revision d dv
Downpipe and decat
Tinted r32 rears
New tyres all round. others were fine just wanted better lol
PCV revamp kit
Full profesional detail
Refurbed all 4 x 18" monza's
Colour coded front rear and sides with matching sprayed front VW badge
Gti seat inserts
And alot on money on better cleaning products like AG HDwax ect

I know i wont stop and my gf hates it but i do love the car and makes me smile every time i drive it
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline paulgrant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:20:02 am »
go for it mate you only live once :laugh:

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 11:55:13 am »
I am the same, never modded before accept 57i on my old mk3 8v.

Now in few months have done -

Revo Stg 1, WALK, THS engine mounts, DaveB NQSBBK with DS2500
edition 30 badge front grille, open fog grille, in pro aluminium wing mirrors and smoked indicator lenses, reat abt tuning number plate surround, ecs climatronic rings, aluminium steering wheel inserts, audi r8 oil and coolant caps.

Am now considering not taking it to stg 2 as not convinced you get good value for money but will be going up to see Dave @ PDT at some stage for Bilstein B12 and Autotech internals as even if leave on stg 1 think will benefit from these mods
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
yeh i bought mine from PDT and they are an awesome addition. i would definately use them with stage one as it evens out the flat spot and she will put right through.
How do you rate the WALK? prob my next buy along with the ds2500pads.

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 06:35:25 pm »
yeah the walk seems good, seem to have more grip, it does feel bit heavier when parking but apart from that no downsides yet although have not really been checking tyre wear as not bothered if i scrub them as have some rubbish maxxis on the front and want some ps3's
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 07:03:18 pm »
go for it mate you only live once :laugh:

Second that :signLOL: