Make a donation

Author Topic: Not getting rid of me just yet.....  (Read 1947 times)

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: Not getting rid of me just yet.....
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 02:57:02 am »
Don't mean to sound disheartening but make sure you get the dealer to put it in writing regards your golfs px price, after you driving it round for a further 6 months the dealer may change there mind on the price due to the higher mileage??

Darren

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 06:32:03 am »
Already have it in writing Darren  :happy2:

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 11:28:15 am »
my rocco is in the dealers this morning so took some time to chat with the salesman who sold us our two, when asked how's business, his reply was getting stock (6 months for a golf match with a few options!)

with regards to px value etc remember VW do give you a loaner if your car is over a certain period (either 16 or 20 weeks from memory), all be it my dealer has run into issues with VW as this date runs from VW order confirmation, not when you place your order, needless to say i am sure a few dealers are taking deposits when they have limited stock allocation so its taking a while for VW to accept the order

personally i'd be looking at dealers who have orders for cars for their stock in the system and change the spec when buying next time

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 01:21:16 pm »
Andrew,
I hope your wait isn't too long, but my Dad had an astonishing 12 month wait for his Scirocco R!
He ordered it December 2009, and only picked it up 2 days before Christmas (2010)
Don't know how he managed it, because I would of cancelled and bought something else!

He absolutely loves the car though, and it's a very high spec one with virtually every option box ticked. I'll try and get some decent pics of it soon, and post them up on here.
Only thing I dislike about it is the open cupholders, and there is no gas strut on the bonnet. (VW cost-cutting excercise no doubt)
I think I could live with those couple of niggles though!!