Make a donation

Author Topic: Fuel price petition  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Fuel price petition
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 10:48:25 am »
And another 1p a litre going on in April  :fighting:, same old story hit the motorist as an easy money maker.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:22 am »
^^^Yes but that's on fuel duty - factor in things like inflation and it will translate into 4p rise.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 04:39:40 pm »

Fuel is cheap why the F*ck does no one complain about pay in £3.50 for a beer or a coffee.

:popcornsoda:

It's not cheap though, it doesn't cost a lot to produce but they whack the tax on. In comparison to other countries it's almost 5X more expensive. You're looking at it from the 130p per litre view, nobody fills up 1 litre.Cars have become essential in life  unlike beer or coffee.

Thats the problem everyone thinks they can't live without a car.  A mate of mine spends £90 a week on fuel to drive to work and back, never stops to think that he could get a job that paid over £400 less each month nearer to home and still have the same standard of living. :stupid:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »

I think the price should be doubled then there'll be less cars on the road.   :laugh: :laugh:

When Ken Livingstone was Mayor of London and said he was putting the congestion charge up, one of the Bankers in the city wrote to him and told him to put it up to £200 a day so that there would be far fewer car vehicles on the road and he could enjoy his drive in the Aston and reduce his journey time in from his home in Surrey. 

Fuel is cheap why the F*ck does no one complain about pay in £3.50 for a beer or a coffee.

:popcornsoda:

....  :signLOL:  :laugh:  :signLOL:  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

I exclusively use V-Power and I've noticed a big variation in cost: from £1.32 to £1.45 on the same journey 200 miles apart.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »
Current Oil Prices are $89 a barrel

So why we are paying the same as when it was $140 a barrel is beyond me. Apart from the Oil Companies and Government taking their pound of flesh :fighting:

how do you think BP went from a $30 billion loss, back to proffit again in 6 months flat

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »
An email popped into my inbox at work asking everybody to boycott BP and Esso garages..This is then suppose to make the said garages drop their prices which in turn will start a price war between the others.Hey presto..cheap fuel... I use Tesco,s anyway

Offline Weston

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 06:34:54 pm »
An email popped into my inbox at work asking everybody to boycott BP and Esso garages..This is then suppose to make the said garages drop their prices which in turn will start a price war between the others.Hey presto..cheap fuel... I use Tesco,s anyway

I believe esso supply tesco anyway  :signLOL:
GTI going...

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 06:46:04 pm »

I got that email too  :laugh:

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 06:47:18 pm »
Has no one noticed, we're going green, best way to go green is to drive up the CO2 products in price. Fuel is the easy product too tax and therefore make people think twice before going out in their cars.
The green parties are pushing for it to get to £2 a litre, They say it'll cut CO2 from cars by a 1/4 if the pricing was pushed to £2 per litre.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 06:53:06 pm »

Has no one noticed, we're going green, best way to go green is to drive up the CO2 products in price. Fuel is the easy product too tax and therefore make people think twice before going out in their cars.
The green parties are pushing for it to get to £2 a litre, They say it'll cut CO2 from cars by a 1/4 if the pricing was pushed to £2 per litre.

....Well, like Thor says, it'll result in fewer idiots to try to overtake on the roads - A good thing.

Cut CO2 by 25%? - Even if that happened worldwide what would it really do in reality? I reckon it's all too late anyway but i'm not totally convinced about the petrol car being a major culprit.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 06:54:05 pm »
Cow farts put more CO2 into the Atmosphere than cars apparently :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 06:58:41 pm »
I tell you what, im car-less @ the moment and the money ive saved though not driving is immense. 

about £170 in fuel, £66 in insurance.  Were internet shopping, so im not just compulsive buying @ the supermarket but i think the biggest difference is the fact that were not going out all the time because its to much hassle without the car.  Thats saving us loads of money.  I reckon im at least £300 better off each month as a result.

Roll on the new car though :party: :party:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:25 pm »
It will only cost £300 a year to fuel that new hairdryer wont it? :evilgrin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 07:06:52 pm »

I tell you what, im car-less @ the moment and the money ive saved though not driving is immense.  

about £170 in fuel, £66 in insurance.  Were internet shopping, so im not just compulsive buying @ the supermarket but i think the biggest difference is the fact that were not going out all the time because its to much hassle without the car.  Thats saving us loads of money.  I reckon im at least £300 better off each month as a result.

Roll on the new car though :party: :party:

....Phew! For a moment I was getting worried about you, Sy.

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 07:10:33 pm »
Its the buses, you see them all time with about 2-3 grannys on and blowing smoke all over the place, thats what co2 is,

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!