Make a donation

Author Topic: Valeo LED Mk5 Tail Lights Modification....  (Read 123148 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Valeo LED Mk5 Tail Lights Modification....
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2011, 09:42:24 pm »
Just realised I've had mine for 5 months now....

Passed MOT with no problems and no signs of water/condensation ingress and no dead LED's  :pomppomp:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline dubber

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2011, 10:34:35 am »
Looks interesting, would be interested depending on price  :happy2:

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2011, 10:46:07 am »
Here is another place to buy the lights and they also do right hand drive  :happy2:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290453853966&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2011, 10:51:07 am »
Damn, I wish I had found those before I got mine, I like those tinted ones :party:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2011, 11:40:38 am »
Here is another place to buy the lights and they also do right hand drive  :happy2:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290453853966&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

scott

Thats the place I saw when I first got mine. They do the fog swap for you AND tint them in various different ways. They DO NOT come from the factory like that ie SMOKED/BLACK.

These guys actually tint them with tinting spray.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2011, 11:43:44 am »
ive been watching these for a few months as i really like the tinted clear sections but its a huge premium for it and the lense swap, there must be places over here that do lens tinting?
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2011, 08:16:04 am »
Thought people might like a read of this, only taken me about 6months to re find it.
http://images.volksdirekt.com/PassatB6SkylineDIY.pdf
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2011, 09:54:06 am »
I would be interested in this if I can get funds together for the lights before hand. What was the outcome of the inners having dual fog/reverse regarding light intensity as like RR I like the symmetrical look.

Just found this on youtube, is this roughly what the end result would be??

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2011, 02:24:04 pm »
^^^
Looks exactly like the thing I'm meant to be designing if'n I had the time  :chicken: 'cept it's only lit up red which may be suitable for some people's requirements (certainly what I had in mind originally).
To those waiting for something to come out of me, it's going to be a little while still  :ashamed: :sad1:

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:35 pm »
How easy would them eBay lights be to 1 install, and 2 wire up? Only want the inners to come on as sidelights and that's it really, dual reverse light can come later. Can the fit in my standard lights 9don't have other LED's?)

How far on with this are you chaps?
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2011, 03:39:40 pm »
How easy would them eBay lights be to 1 install, and 2 wire up? Only want the inners to come on as sidelights and that's it really, dual reverse light can come later. Can the fit in my standard lights 9don't have other LED's?)

How far on with this are you chaps?

Simon the Passat 'inners' are a different size to the Golf's therefore you couldn't use those rings  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2011, 05:16:35 pm »
You coming to the JnH meet on 2nd June, Neo?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2011, 05:17:07 pm »

Uncertain yet Rob... will advise.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2011, 05:23:55 pm »

Uncertain yet Rob... will advise.

....No problem - Always good to see you. And I can chase you re the Valeo's  :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!