Make a donation

Author Topic: Part number needed  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Part number needed
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »
for the outer surround of the armrest and the ipod insert tray thing lol

2004 < kinda grey interior (mines not black put it that way)

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
Re: Part number needed
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »
OOOoooo just found this................is the a better? tham the aboove....as you can connect ipod and USB? and would it require TWO seperate leads?

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:52:45 pm »
First one will work with all VW headunits and the second one (MDI kit) will only work with latest RCD510 or RNS510 headunits and supports direct control of iPod, USB memory sticks or aux in (all require different leads).

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:56:51 pm »
I have a RNS510......well sitting in a box waiting to go in, if I can working it all out.

First one is basic then? no direct control from headunit?

On the second one will do EVERYTHING?
When you say AUX < what can I use in that?

The better one is the second yes?

Let me guess....all this WILL need coding to :(

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:01:11 pm »
Yes it needs coding.

Aux in supports a 3.5mm jack plug to connect an mp3 player etc, so a basic audio in.

Offline calculon

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:06:01 pm »
This was a tough one to find:

5N0 035 341 B for the MDI (190eur excl vat)
5N0 035 558 for MDI to USB cable (33eur excl vat)
5N0 035 554 for MDI to ipod cable (33eur excl vat)

Warning: had to look in the 2009 revision of the Golf to find these. I'm not sure if this will fit (and you'll need additional wiring towards the RNS/HU).

-edit-
These are the part numbers for the second picture you posted.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 10:08:48 pm »
Below roughly £150.......is this about fair?

and the lead shown, is this what connects the box to the head unit?

Offline calculon

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:37 pm »
Nope, that's the lead from the MDI box to USB.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:48 pm »
So not as cheap as I thought  :ashamed: :ashamed:

Need.........

1) new shell for armrest.
2) MDI box
3) Connector lead to RNS510
4) USB connector
5) Ipod connector
6) Coding

:sad1: :sad1:

Is there a KIT available with the above?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:14:24 pm by Johnny_tro »

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 11:47:31 pm »
Anyone have a part number for the outer casing of the arm rest? (so I can go from cubby to cd/MDI holder)?