Make a donation

Author Topic: Need help with seat padding/foam info  (Read 5719 times)

Offline golfman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
Need help with seat padding/foam info
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:04:58 pm »
Guys im looking for a 5 Door 2005 vw golf mk5 GTI with heated factory fitted interlagos seats(red tartan)
iv'e just got some seats but the bolsters are needing replaced so the foam needs replaced but i really need a chassis number of your car so i can order the right foam as i have been told by vw that there are variations in the seat foams :stupid:
any help woud be great

cheers

scott :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:09:38 pm by golfman »

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Need help with seat padding/foam info
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:25:46 am »
Surely the dealer can get the right one up on etka.  :chicken: bloody plant pots.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:35:54 am »
Surely the dealer can get the right one up on etka.  :chicken: bloody plant pots.
be suprised if the parts department at the dealers can find thier way to the desk :signLOL:

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 12:01:01 pm »
Shaun the guy said that i need the chassis number of the car that the seats came from because there are that many different padding :stupid:
does anyone have a how to take you front seats apart as if i can lift the cover up i might be able to get a part number from the foam!!

scott :happy2:

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »
Call VW.

Give them your cars VIN number... They will pull your car up on the system and that same system will list every part that your car has... Its just a matter of them browsing through everything to find the padding.

I know with MINI this is essential as different generations of the car... Like currently we have a facelifted version... Its almost identical to the pre-facelift but there are subtle changes to the finish... In the MK5 it will be the same... Depending on where the car is built there are different foams used etc etc.

So before you all get  :stupid: on the poor parts dude's @ss I suggest you do as he asks else he wont give you what you want.

Simples...

Oh - And anyone with a car following this description: 5 Door 2005 vw golf mk5 GTI with heated factory fitted interlagos seats(red tartan)....

Can provide this kind gent with a VIN from their car as Parts people only have access to the vehicles details... Not the clients... So dont stress.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:07:39 pm »
Call VW.

Give them your cars VIN number... They will pull your car up on the system and that same system will list every part that your car has... Its just a matter of them browsing through everything to find the padding.
I have retro fitted these so my car seats wont have the same padding as these do

I know with MINI this is essential as different generations of the car... Like currently we have a facelifted version... Its almost identical to the pre-facelift but there are subtle changes to the finish... In the MK5 it will be the same... Depending on where the car is built there are different foams used etc etc.

So before you all get  :stupid: on the poor parts dude's @ss I suggest you do as he asks else he wont give you what you want.

Simples...

Oh - And anyone with a car following this description: 5 Door 2005 vw golf mk5 GTI with heated factory fitted interlagos seats(red tartan)....
Cheers dude :happy2:
Can provide this kind gent with a VIN from their car as Parts people only have access to the vehicles details... Not the clients... So dont stress.

Mike

I Hate Timewasters...

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »
Hence why I write the following:

Oh - And anyone with a car following this description: 5 Door 2005 vw golf mk5 GTI with heated factory fitted interlagos seats(red tartan)...

Im sure someone here wont mind giving you his VIN.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 02:49:02 pm »
easy thing to do is find a car thats for sale with the seats in and give em the reg number for that car  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:58:53 pm »
easy thing to do is find a car thats for sale with the seats in and give em the reg number for that car  :happy2:

:innocent:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 04:30:41 pm »
This is the part number for the 4dr front backrest foam Scott for the Eddy30 and Pirelli 1K4 881 775 AN, so I would think it will be the same foam in the GTI seats.

Darren

Offline golfman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 07:16:11 pm »
This is the part number for the 4dr front backrest foam Scott for the Eddy30 and Pirelli 1K4 881 775 AN, so I would think it will be the same foam in the GTI seats.

Darren
Darren i think i just need to do the drivers backrest foam first and then see from there :happy2:
cheers for the part number

scott

I Hate Timewasters...