Make a donation

Author Topic: New owner questions.....  (Read 1119 times)

Offline crafto

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
New owner questions.....
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:07:59 pm »
Well after a long wait I have finally put a deposit down on a mint ED30, pics to follow when I pick it up.

However, I have a few questions. Firstly the car does not have an armrest and I would like to retrofit one of these I know it has been covered before but I am after an armrest with ipod connection for rns 510 and the centre console with sliding tray rather than cup holders. If anyone has part numbers and prices that would be great.

Also the car is DSG, so I am eager to add multi function buttons, again part numbers and prices would be great. How am I able to tell if I have the convenience pack if thats what its called i.e. changing settings for home lights etc. I would also like to add cruise control to the list, can this be controlled via MFSW or is it purley from the end of the CC stalk? I presume all of the above will have to be coded?

Sorry for all the questions, I guess having waited so long for the car I have been adding 'must haves' to the list but I think the above are fairly easy to retro fit...

Can't wait to pick the car up  :evilgrin:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: New owner questions.....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:47:03 pm »
Have a read of the forum. Everything you've mentioned has been accomplished by at least one member, if not several. Part numbers are there if you search for them.

To change things like coming hom lights, you need the highline dash (not the standard midline dash). Again, there are posts on how to change the dash over, and the differences between the two!

Hope that helps :happy2:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:31:53 pm »
Take a look at this post.
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18527.msg261789.html#msg261789
Will give you the part numbers of the steering wheel buttons I fitted to mine, please note there are at least 3 different types of steering wheel buttons that I am aware of.
If you scroll down to reply 12 you can see the Highline dash. Hope this helps.  :happy2:

Offline crafto

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:20:52 am »
Any further info would be great.