Make a donation

Author Topic: Richard Keys and Andy Gray....  (Read 14964 times)

Saint Steve

Re: Richard Keys and Andy Gray....
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 07:11:19 pm »
 :surprised:

Surprised if he was to stay, as he is close friends with Andy.

All change then, wonder who will take the job. I vote Geoff stelling to step up. :smiley:

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 07:57:55 pm »
:surprised:

Surprised if he was to stay, as he is close friends with Andy.

All change then, wonder who will take the job. I vote Geoff stelling to step up. :smiley:

Jeff is hilarious on Soccer Saturday.

But it might have to be Charlotte Jackson now taking the lead....or Georgie Thompson.  :happy2:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »
I hope they take colin murray  :grin:

Get him off motd  :happy2:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »
Andy Gray can't be overly bright. That was allegedly a £1.7m pay packet he through away, more likely through taking legal action against the News Of The World (owned by...) than being sexist...

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:21 pm »
... but he's just as entitled as anyone else to have his opinions and to express them however he chooses.

I think you're wrong Robin. If he's just a man sitting in the football terraces then yes, he can say whatever the hell he wants, but when his comments reflect badly on his employer, then he has a problem. People are looking at this in the wrong context. It's not what he said, or why it offends people, or whether it's right or wrong that it does offend people. The simple fact is that Sky are a company that have a vision, a brand to build, and any negative press harms that. So no, in his position, doing the job he does, working for the company he works for, he has no entitlement to express his opinions in anyway he chooses.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34:38 pm »
... but he's just as entitled as anyone else to have his opinions and to express them however he chooses.

I think you're wrong Robin. If he's just a man sitting in the football terraces then yes, he can say whatever the hell he wants, but when his comments reflect badly on his employer, then he has a problem. People are looking at this in the wrong context. It's not what he said, or why it offends people, or whether it's right or wrong that it does offend people. The simple fact is that Sky are a company that have a vision, a brand to build, and any negative press harms that. So no, in his position, doing the job he does, working for the company he works for, he has no entitlement to express his opinions in anyway he chooses.

....So in other words he's a paid lackey and must tow the company line.

I've never been someone who follows the herd or tows a company or any other line but I do understand that both men and women in such public positions have a responsibility to keep their opinions private. I think there should be a law prohibiting the publishing of opinions when expressed privately. Otherwise the next step is The Thought Police.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »

I think you're wrong Robin. If he's just a man sitting in the football terraces then yes, he can say whatever the hell he wants, but when his comments reflect badly on his employer, then he has a problem.
 People are looking at this in the wrong context. It's not what he said, or why it offends people, or whether it's right or wrong that it does offend people. The simple fact is that Sky are a company that have a vision,
 a brand to build, and any negative press harms that. So no, in his position, doing the job he does, working for the company he works for, he has no entitlement to express his opinions in anyway he chooses.

I am sorry but you talk some sh*te at times. Its you who is looking at it from your world of corporate branding image smimmage pap. He clearly should be careful were he voices his opinion's but it was not said on air, His manager should just pull him to one side and say you cannot voice your opinion;s like that in public places at work in toady's age. He was sacked because it was made public by the papers who are complete scum and have unbelievably bad double standards.
Companies like this only act holier than though because they are worried about their image being tarnished,  IE profit's going down from bad press. I bet under the surface they quite happily ruin individual lives to get a story.  :fighting:
Your job is helping companies maximise prophet's and that is why it is you looking at this in the wrong context, because it put's bread on your table.  :popcornsoda:

And if like Saint Steve is suggesting, there is another reason why he has gone, then that is even worse, because they have just spotted an opportunity to earn public browny points and get rid of a problem.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 04:12:05 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 04:44:29 pm »
I am sorry but you talk some sh*te at times.

You've got nothing to be sorry about, it just might have been less offensive if you'd just said that you disagreed and put forward your argument as to why.

One question though, how many times have you heard of a presenter being sacked because of something they have said or done that has caused controversy? You're right, he did get sacked because the papers published it, but Sky sacked him because they cannot be seen to protect someone who alienates a section of their audience.

Oh and by the way, my job is nothing to do with divine spirits :wink:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 04:45:12 pm »

I don't think you really understand what you're applauding. Best get back to your PS3 eh?

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 04:47:10 pm »

I don't think you really understand what you're applauding. Best get back to your PS3 eh?

no need to get personal andrew, just because nobody likes you  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:52:58 pm by joesgti »

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 05:07:45 pm »
^^^^
Ooops! Everyone is getting a bit personal now  :popcornsoda:

TC's caustic comments often make me laugh (meaning I usually find them entertaining, rather than ridiculous) but I have to agree with Andrew when he says they can be offensive when they're aimed at you and they're certainly not conducive to calm debate/discussion. But don't worry, Andrew, some of us still love ya even if we don't agree with your opinions sometimes.

Joe is just being Joe, bless him!

:laugh: For some reason I don't quite understand, I'm sat here laughing. Banter with barbed wire attached, I guess.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2011, 05:47:14 pm »
Im guessing it was convo like this

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:14 pm »
^ That should get his job back Rob  :wink:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:17 pm »
^^^^
Oooh La La! Louise Redknapp is a real hottie  :love:  - Lucky guy that Jamie.