Make a donation

Author Topic: Huffs/Detroits Refurbed  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
Huffs/Detroits Refurbed
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:55:57 pm »
Hi Guys!

Im struggling to find a decent quote for a refurb on my Huffs/Detroits... At work the have quoted me £100 a wheel just because of the Silver Strip and, they would have to take the Tyre off. If I wanted to loose the Silver strip it would be £50 a wheel  :fighting:

I'm waiting on a quote from Spit and Polish and wheel works in Crawley! Anyone know of a good one in the London area?

Cheers,

Phil  :happy2:
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch

h4rdy

Re: Huffs/Detroits Refurbed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:07:31 am »
Not bad for all the work involved IMHO.

But you might be able to pick another set up for not much more!

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 09:15:19 am »
Try Lepsons in Gillingham, but you'll always pay more as its another process re-cutting the lip.

To be honest I got rid of the polished lip on my Omanyts as it only corrodes and had them painted all over.

Iv seen rims with the lips re-cut and to be honest it looks awful as the lip ends up wider than it was especialy if they've been curbed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:43:01 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:04 am »
Thats another thing i Was thinking about doing! Just getting the whole wheel just done gloss black and, getting rid of the silver Lip as it seems to be a hassle to get the silver lip brought back!
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:48 pm »
I personally think the Detroits need the polished silver lip to visually separate the rim from the tyre.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:41:43 pm »
If the lips been curbed then they usually re-cut it on a lathe, if its just dull and corroded then they may get away with just polishing it.

Good pont, the polished lip does seperate the rim from the tyre. On mine the wheels are silver anyway...
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 03:24:40 pm »
Well, Guys!

I've decided to get them done at work and get rid of the Lip  :sad1: . They were too badly damged by the previous owner to repair or salvage! They only cost me £200 so can't complain! May get the Silver done on them at a later date but for now it's all Black!!