Make a donation

Author Topic: Need advice with R32 headlight thats just arrived  (Read 1576 times)

Offline GTIHOB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Need advice with R32 headlight thats just arrived
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:04:41 pm »
Hi,

I bought a MK5 R32 headlight and I am concerned about some damage that it has,

Firstly the circular chrome part that surrounds the Xenon bulb in the headlight has come off its holder, is this common, I have read that the only way to get into the headlight to fix it would be to put the whole headlight in the oven to melt the glue the sticks the plastics together.

Secondly (this may sound stupid) but does the 12 pin connection on the headlight have 12 pins? There are only 11 on this connection. It is missing the top left one! Hard to explain without pics(having trouble uploading).

I think I should return it as this damage wasnt mentioned but would just like some advice from someone who has seen/handled Xenon headlight before.

Thanks

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
Re: Need advice with R32 headlight thats just arrived
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:54 pm »
See my post here for a "how to".....I have just had to fix mine.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24373.0.html

Offline GTIHOB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:32:05 pm »
Hi, thanks, I'm just wondering should there be any pins missing from the 12pin socket on the headlight? I dont see how a 12pin connection only has 11 pins unless something has broken it off.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:03:30 pm »
Has your car got factory xenon headlights? If not and your doing a retrofit then you will need the adaptors from kufatec.de,

But to answer your question the 12 pin plug only uses 11 of the pins, the 10 pin plug in the standard halogen headlights only uses 6 of the 10 pins.

Its perfectly fine

Darren