Make a donation

Author Topic: Any WordPress experts in the house??  (Read 2328 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Any WordPress experts in the house??
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:17:19 pm »
 ........... With some time on their hands  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Any WordPress experts in the house??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:18:13 pm »
Time... No but what do you need?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:20:23 pm »
Time... No but what do you need?

Someone with a bit of free time J, for a quick makeover.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:23:39 pm »
Ah sorry about that mate, I'm flat out at the mo  :sad1:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:17:02 am »
No worries mate  :happy2:

If I changed the theme does it automatically insert the content into that theme?
Stu...

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 11:01:36 am »
yes it should so mate. there might be some things that are unique to the previous theme, but they shouldnt be too hard to send over. you can try it and put it back pretty easy though

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 11:23:15 am »
Yes Stu it will do - themes, so long as they have been coded well, keep to conventions etc should be interchangeable - are you running on a server you are hosting or a hosted service?

Dom

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 12:09:46 pm »
It's a hosted service Dom.

I have had a look around the dashboard and managed to backup and then update to the latest version but I think the whole layout and interface is very clunky, wondering if a new theme would fix that.
Stu...

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 12:13:10 pm »
You have probably seen this already but it takes you through process of chaning themes - http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes. Thousands of really good themes out there unless you are wanting something original.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 03:33:45 pm »
Now I know why I'm an engineer and not a bloody web wotsit - fcuking crap has wasted my entire afternoon and I'm no further forward!!  :fighting: :fighting:
Stu...

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 06:36:23 pm »
Now I know why I'm an engineer and not a bloody web wotsit - fcuking crap has wasted my entire afternoon and I'm no further forward!!  :fighting: :fighting:

I'm an engineer and I use Wordpress to maintain a few websites... easier than writing CMS of my own which is what I did in my youth.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:31:37 pm »
I'm an engineer and I use Wordpress to maintain a few websites... easier than writing CMS of my own which is what I did in my youth.

That may be so but do you drive a desk as an Engineer or do you have your hands at the business end.  I seem to remember you may be in the design side of life.
Stu...

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 10:52:36 pm »

That may be so but do you drive a desk as an Engineer or do you have your hands at the business end.  I seem to remember you may be in the design side of life.

Mostly design side but I get my hands dirty in production and field/customer support too  :laugh: chronically underpaid for what I actually do!