Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost and Clutch issue  (Read 1144 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Boost and Clutch issue
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:25:01 am »
Clutch issue is a weird one and theres no fault code for it. If your driving along at 40mph and need to slow down you start to brake and go to select a lower gear, you put the clutch in and it stalls while still moving at say 20mph :confused:

Boost issue fault code 008801  boost pressure control valve n249 mechanical fault. It sounds like the boost is on off all the way up the rev range. Also have a forge dv which im gonna look at today.

Also have another fault 001089 evap emmissions control not to worried about that one though.

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:27:43 am by RobH »

Offline singh123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • Seat Leon Cupra
Re: Boost and Clutch issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:10:54 am »
Alrite Rob id start by looking at the Forge DV perhaps put the OEM one back in, as i was having issues with mine were by if i diped the clutch while doing say 30pmh and let the revs come down, the revs would dip to about 200rpm and the car felt asif it was going to stall and then the revs would bounce back and then settle at about 750rpm. I have replaced the forge DV and the issues has now gone. Hope this helps
Seat Leon Cupra

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:00:05 pm »
Had a quick look at the dv today but nothing had seized and the spring was still ok so gonna get down and see steve as i have an APR pump for him to fit aswell :wink:

Probably just swap it for a rev d see if that cures it.

cheers Rob

Offline singh123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • Seat Leon Cupra
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:49:45 pm »
Thats good you managed to get hold of an apr pump, might be worth doing an engine oil change aswell just to be on the safe side, I had the forge one in first aswell when the issues started, i had it serviced aswell but the issue was still there but i have fitted a evoms dv now and its running okay. When i spoke to steve he said he had a few issues with the forge dv so might be worth a try
Seat Leon Cupra

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:01:16 pm »
Yep gonna get an oil change its due one now done around 5k miles since the last one. Yeh gonna give him a ring tomorrow although i have had the forge one in for about 15k miles now with no issues. Rev d's are only like £40 anyway so i kinda hope it is the dv.

Are you rolling Revo again now, seen your gaic switch for sale so putting two and two together?