Make a donation

Author Topic: Black Roof Lining  (Read 7268 times)

Nasir

Re: Black Roof Lining
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:54 am »
are ALL a pillars in the MK airbags?

thought airbag (pillars) would be pricey

Yes if you mean Mk5

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 08:59:01 am »
are ALL a pillars in the MK airbags?

thought airbag (pillars) would be pricey

Johnny, the airbag is just covered by the a pillar trim it's not actually part of it mate.

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 09:01:26 am »
 :happy2: Arrr learning learning
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 09:41:19 am »
I take it all gtis didn't come with the black headliner my 05 had it but my 06 r32 doesn't have it I thought it was maybe just the r32 that didn't have it

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 09:47:24 am »
I think all GTIs came with the black headliner. Some of the early R32 didn't and none of the GT TDIs like mine and Johnnys did AFAIK.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 12:52:42 pm »
All Mk5 GTIs came with the black headliner. I remember reading an interview with the programme manager and she pushed hard to get the black headliner through - the accountants said it would be too expensive but she appealed straight to Piëch (who is a GTI fan) and he gave the approval.
Dunno 'bout the .:R.

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 02:25:50 pm »
I paid about £250 to get my gt sport headlining re trimmed which incuded having various plastic bits flocked so like others have said £700 is expensive

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 05:33:30 pm »
I paid about £250 to get my gt sport headlining re trimmed which incuded having various plastic bits flocked so like others have said £700 is expensive

Chris where was this mate? Have you got any photos? Iv been after a grey headlining for my GT TDI for ages and they all turn out to be junk even though advertised as 'mint condition'.

So I'm thinking of grey alcantara/suede. The only thing that bothers me is I'd still have to source all the grab handles,light, sunvisors,vents ect in grey if I go for the re trim.

Nasir

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 08:14:42 pm »
All Mk5 GTIs came with the black headliner. I remember reading an interview with the programme manager and she pushed hard to get the black headliner through - the accountants said it would be too expensive but she appealed straight to Piëch (who is a GTI fan) and he gave the approval.
Dunno 'bout the .:R.

Very interesting, shame she couldn't influence on other price cutting measures.

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 09:05:09 pm »
Apollo i got it done in a small trim shop in littlehampton called trim Dulexe, they are on the same small estate as g Werks and do a lot of there re trims. I would recommend him highly genuine chap who will always try and help you out. As for door grabs ect do what I did and get them flocked, it looks the business. 

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 09:28:53 pm »
Apollo i got it done in a small trim shop in littlehampton called trim Dulexe, they are on the same small estate as g Werks and do a lot of there re trims. I would recommend him highly genuine chap who will always try and help you out. As for door grabs ect do what I did and get them flocked, it looks the business. 

:worthless:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »
Lee I have all the grab handle from a GTI including the vanity lights and both front and back light pods and also the alarm sensor basically all whats in the headlining,

Go for it mate and ill sort you out what you need :happy2:

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 04:10:15 pm »
Lee I have all the grab handle from a GTI including the vanity lights and both front and back light pods and also the alarm sensor basically all whats in the headlining,

Darren

Darren your a true gent  :happy2:  PM'd

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 08:12:04 pm »

Darren

I have a headlining  :laugh:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 11:53:49 pm »
So we just need the pillar trims and we're set :grin:

Darren