Make a donation

Author Topic: Do you need to code MFSW up & down buttons?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Do you need to code MFSW up & down buttons?
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:59:44 pm »
Hey folks,

Just a quick question to rule something out... I had a MFSW fitted and coded last year at VW all worked fine...

But I have recently fitted a Dension Gateway5 to my car, along with RCD510 & a AF Can-gateway.

When I did the swap im pretty sure I matched the CAN installation list to the old one, but I can't get the up/down buttons to work (track skip or REW/FF) on the MFSW even in the audio menu...

They do work to scroll through menus such as MPG etc etc but not in the radio menu.

I know I had this issue with the REW/FF before I had the highline dash, but obviously that was fixed ages ago when I put the highline dash in.

I just wondered if the MFSW is something that needs re-coding since swapping CAN-Gateways?

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Do you need to code MFSW up & down buttons?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:04:26 pm »
Sounds like its a problem between the Denison and the wheel mate not a coding issue.

Was this not one of the known problems with the Denison 5 gateway??
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:07:17 pm »
I thought it might be, to be fair they've been quick to help so far but I had a sudden thought that it might have been since swapping the Can-gateway.

I've not seen it mentioned, the main problem seems to be when trying to use it with a mid-line dash.

The bluetooth phone functionality is superb! And it streams audio from the phone too, has phonebook, in dash & on rcd dialling etc Just the pesky back and forward buttons!

If they fix it / let me know what to change, and the Rew/FF & Track skip buttons work, then I would give it 10/10 but until then... 6/10  :grin:

- Update -

Dension support just said they've not had any problems using these steering buttons! Grrr lol
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:12:34 pm by SeanyK »

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:29 pm »
OK, I did find one section, in the RCD510 long coding area, one of the options was 'short press' button or something like that.

When I ticked it, voila, I can now change tracks using the up/down buttons, although they still don't FF/REW when holding them down!

...Halfway there!  :laugh:

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:54:14 pm »
Do you have the early Mk5 MFSW or the late one with the star? Mine's an early one and the same buttons (next/previous) don't work with the RNS-510.