Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 Pescara wheels Refurb  (Read 5000 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Edition 30 Pescara wheels Refurb
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:10 pm »
Evening folks,

after recently fitting 4 new Vredestein Sessantas, i decided my Pescara's could do with a refurb. I know there has been many threads devoted to getting the colour code for the Pescara's so they can get a closest match as possible to oem. Now, for me personally, i prefer the silver colour of the BBS Ch wheels compared to the grey oem colour   - especially as i have a Dimomand black Car.
So, the questions i would like to ask my fellow members are:

1) Ive read good reviews of wheel repair centre in Preston on various forums, has anybody used them from here?

2) Has anybody else had the Pescaras refurbed in silver? (ive seen plenty of ones re-done in black but not silver)?

3) What people's opinions of silver Pescara's? good? not keen?

4) Can the silver finish can be achieved by powder coating as this seems more durable than painting?

Thanks Guys

Rich

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Edition 30 Pescara wheels Refurb
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »
Silver Pescaras look good, yes you can powder coat silver no problem at all.

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:58 pm »
Im looking to get my pescara's refurbed but want the OEM smokey grey/silver effect.  Personally having them plain silver would ruin the look of the wheel and perhaps have them looking a bit like replica CH's or the Audi version. 

Its an each to there own thing but I love the way the light catches the odd colour of pescaras when they are clean....

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »
I had my spare set done at Crawley Wheel Works  , they are fabulous and when i compared them to my oem pescaras they are spot on colour wise. I think the said its titanium grey

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ku8gqpab70u8afb0l7l0kdhsl1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 10:16:39 pm »
NIce one scooba... crawleys not toooooo far from me either. I just need to borrow a set of wheels off someone whilst mine get done  :smiley:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:41:27 pm »
NIce one scooba... crawleys not toooooo far from me either. I just need to borrow a set of wheels off someone whilst mine get done  :smiley:
:smiley:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 11:50:07 pm »

Speak to Roger i am sure he can sort you out . 

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:14:01 am »
Evening folks,

after recently fitting 4 new Vredestein Sessantas, i decided my Pescara's could do with a refurb. I know there has been many threads devoted to getting the colour code for the Pescara's so they can get a closest match as possible to oem. Now, for me personally, i prefer the silver colour of the BBS Ch wheels compared to the grey oem colour   - especially as i have a Dimomand black Car.

1) Ive read good reviews of wheel repair centre in Preston on various forums, has anybody used them from here?

2) Has anybody else had the Pescaras refurbed in silver? (ive seen plenty of ones re-done in black but not silver)?

4) Can the silver finish can be achieved by powder coating as this seems more durable than painting?

Thanks Guys

Rich

G'day Rich,

I have my wheels done in Oct 2010, by a company called AWR in Bury. They too have a great rep

They have done my wheels silver (see pics below) but have painted the inside of the rims black to help tint the silver effect more to OEM colouring, and I think it works well.

Cheers
Kiwi

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 11:40:22 am »
Looking good Kiwi.  :happy2:

You mind if i ask how much you paid?

Thanks

rich

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 12:12:18 pm »
WRC in preston/bamber brigde does a awesome job.

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 12:17:15 pm »
Looking good Kiwi.  :happy2:

You mind if i ask how much you paid?

Thanks

rich

Aroound £60 a wheel I think

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 01:22:12 pm »
Evening folks,

Thanks Guys

Rich

mate talk to a company here in Blackpool called PX Wheels! They are top class, they have most wheels in stock so you pay and just simply exchange wheels for there top quality freshly refurbed ones. If they don't have them they will do an amazing job at refurbishing them for you mate!
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 01:35:14 pm »
PX Wheels - just a word of caution. I had a set of wheels for my wife's A4 sent by PX to my local trusty tyre fitters. Received a call to say that they had been delivered, but were shocking. Not believing that they could be that bad, I took the car in to have them swapped over, but....... they really were very bad. Full of pitting etc.

Wouldn't have been a problem if they sorted it out, but the service I received thereafter was very poor, and I lost the postage and packing - look at the terms and conditions very closely.

I may have been unlucky, and this was over a year ago, but I thought I should pass on my experience!

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 02:32:57 pm »
new owner since then. You are correct at there old unit they were shocking, a bunch of kids being taught how to spray and the ''teacher'' never cleaning up there mistakes. I know this as my friend worked there.

Then they went out of business for about 6 months and a new owner took over, bought a brand new mega unit and they are now what they are today if that makes sense. If you was going to Preston I suggest the little extra 10 minute drive to PX, there are just off the M55 too. Really is now top quality.

Plus if they still let bad wheels go you have the option of viewing them. From what I've heard though the new owner used to work for TVR in Blackpool as there top sprayed before they all got laid off!
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!