All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Miltek exhaust for MK5 GTi

<< < (11/15) > >>

Greeners:

--- Quote from: SteveP on November 08, 2008, 03:05:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on November 08, 2008, 03:00:56 pm ---You don't want the res version mate, won't be much louder than you have now.......... :confused:

--- End quote ---

That's what I originally though but Ed @ APS took me out in his ED30 with the Non-Res today and it was way louder that I expected, at normal Mway speeds the drone would start to get to me (bearing in mind I spend at least 2.5 hours a day on the motorway during the week).

He even said himself if he had the choice again he would go for the res version for a daily driver road car.

--- End quote ---

Have a go in mine before you decide then  :happy2:

SteveP:
^^^ Thats sounds like a good idea  :happy2: as compairing APS's ED30 with non-res to RedRobin's GTI with the Quad Non-Res, the one on APS was way louder (same driving style on the same bit of road today)

I know they are different cars (i.e. K03 GTI vs. K04 ED30) but I was really surprised by how much.  :confused:

Greeners:
As I've said before with the loud pedal pressed mine has a great sound, but when not it sounds like the original (from memory) and I certainly don't find it boomy at motorway speeds, but you do a heck of a lot more miles than I do!  :happy2:

SteveP:
^^^ Exactly when the loud pedal is pressed I want the right noise  :evilgrin: but without the boomy/drone type noise I heard on Ed's today.

We shall have to sort this forum meet out so I have had a listen to yours  :happy2:

Greeners:
It's worth trying before you buy mate!

We could always meet up before hand if the meet isn't sorted quick enough for you. I should be on commision from Milltek what with you and Markymark  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version