Make a donation

Author Topic: Vids for the Clio lovers amongst you  (Read 6416 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Vids for the Clio lovers amongst you
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:17 pm »
Still looking for the right Cayman S, although with the 998 on its way, 997s are bombing - really tough call and as I don't need a car, I'm trying to wait and see.
Sideways yo!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 01:34:35 pm »
how much have you got to spend if you dont mid me asking?? 996 turbo's are decent price now.  :evilgrin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 01:39:46 pm »
£30k. Don't like turbos, I'd rather have a Carrera S, strange as that may sound. Has to be N/A and 2WD.

Oh, and more Clio lunacy courtesy of Monkey.

Sideways yo!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:36 pm »
If you do your brakes in on the Ring, you're doing it very wrong!

They're the way forward, I'm done modding cars forever. This and the Pork will remain untouched.

All I've done is swap the fluid (I did the pads too although it isn't necessary) and buy a spare set of rims with semi-slicks on. Job done, it'll ruin 80% of your average track day turn out. When it breaks, I take it back on warranty and no questions asked.

Sure it isn't German build quality, sure it depreciates like a rotting peach (although factor in wasted modding money and it isn't that bad) - but it costs 1/2 the price of VAG in consumables and I haven't had a car that makes me laugh out loud this much for a very long time!

Mike, you should get a position in Renaultsport sales.. It'd be like sheeling peas mate with your spiel..  :wink:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 02:07:23 pm »
Ha! I'm not sure I own enough bad suits  to sell cars :grin:

It's just so liberating not having to do anything, I'm really enjoying it. Turn up, thrash it, go home.
Sideways yo!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 02:24:39 pm »
Same here mate.. Only difference is I go in straight lines..  :wink: Saying that, once i've got her wed and the bank account has a pulse again, I am very tempted to get a 'toy' to fill the empty garage and there's a good chance it will have a French accent  :wink: I'm thinking of maybe a 172 Cup, wearing very little and with minimal mods (decat etc), wrapped in some track rubber and just basically head down the road to Cadwell for a hoon..  :driver:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:26:29 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 04:19:22 pm »
Gotta love the clio, for being the ultimate track ready weapon.

Im budgeting £1500 for mods initially on my vRS.  That'll get me springs, adjustable whiteline rear ARB, 4 pot 323m brembos, ITG maxogen intake and stage 1 remap.  Then im just going to enjoy the car for a year before going any higher with stage 2 exhaust, intercooler etc.

Im hoping once i fit all the above on the vRS then it will have closed the gap in the dynamics to the clio.  its similar in straight line performance already, so the remap should make a noticeable difference,

The way i see it, if its can be equal or there abouts to the Clio 200 in he bends ill be more than happy, straight line performance is easy to improve.  Id say its not too far off my old cooper S in performance
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:28:35 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »
Ideally you're going to need a diff to touch the Clio's fancy front suspension (the thing Ford call RevoKnuckle on the RS), but along with some track biased geo it should be a handy little tool when you're done.
Sideways yo!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »
From what i gather the 7 spd DSG dry box is designed to never need opening and has pressurised oil inside or something, so i doubt there'll be a diff available any time soon.  Ill make do with some sticky tyres instead i guess.  Not to sure on the adjustability of the standard suspension though, will look when i pick her up

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 05:45:10 pm »
TD is this the one you were on about.  he was held up and the cut up by that E36 BMW

This guys staying in contact with the M5 ring taxi as well.  Loses it for about 2 minutes in the middle of the track where the power takes over, but hes back in direct sight by the end of the track though :scared:  granted the m5 is probably 4 people up and alot heavier, but still it has a V10 and is driven by professional racing drivers who drive the track daily.  307Hp difference as well :surprised:

Check this out as well  :grin:  Clio Vs Porsche GT3 RS (which doesnt pull away as fast as you would imagine)  watch out for those barriers though :wink:  hes literally gone out porsche baiting.  

Id be interested to see how the Clio RS would cope with the times made by the Meganne RS250 with the same drivers.  

Also i wander how much difference over say over a lap of the ring would there be between a Clio 197, Clio 197 Cup, Clio 200 and Clio 200cup?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:54:12 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 06:19:07 pm »
not much (15 sec ish), most fun would be 172 cup. all these ring vids are bit pointless, few people get under 830 btg, clio will do that all day long, the faster rwd stuff are much harder to drive hence why they never that fast at the ring, but if you can drive the csl's, 911's etc you should be in 7s which a clio will never do. they dont like it when little clios come past though :driver:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 06:22:16 pm »
big megs too  :signLOL: they check for plexi glass windows  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:26:29 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 06:26:52 pm »
that was funny, german bloke i had a bit of a doo with at ring in a m coupe thing, after in car park walked over to my car and was pushing on rear windows :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »
I know someone who has done a sub-8 in a 172 Cup, nothing more than 888s and fluid/pads. But he's fearless, even I was on the sh*tbag handles lapping with him.

Sy, the 200 was 4 secs faster around Bedford than the 197 Cup - what that equates to in Ring laps though I don't know?
Sideways yo!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 07:59:53 pm »
is that the bog standard 200 or 200 cup.  Also was that the full circuit cos thats a fair amount of time