Make a donation

Author Topic: REVO Stage 2+ vs Stage 3  (Read 9776 times)

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
REVO Stage 2+ vs Stage 3
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:43:11 am »
Hi all,

My car is currently running Stage 2+ with pretty high SPS settings.... 7-6-8 IIRC (it was whatever Hurdy reccomended) and I have recently noticed that there is, in fact a Stage 3.

The car has S3 IC, Milltek Turbo back (inc 100/200 cell sports cat), Forge Actuator, HPFP, etc etc as I was advised to get in order to move to S2+

So, what is stopping me from going for Revo S3? Is this where I NEED a hybrid turbo, or am I actually just holding the car back unneccesarily?

IF so, why did Hurdy stick at S2+ when he was clearly keen on having a very strong car. It COULD well be because it is quite fast enough, so perhaps it was just common sense to stay at S2+, but I would just like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Matt

Offline pat15312

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: REVO Stage 2+ vs Stage 3
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:47:49 am »
Stage 3 utilises a GT3071r or GT3076r turbo to replace the stock K04. You would be seeing figures of around 450 and 500 respectively. There is no tried and tested hybrid K04 at this moment in time.
Audi S3 s-tronic (Week 46)
Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloys | LED headlights
Super sports seats | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior lighting pack
Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reverse Camera
AAC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headligh assist | Privacy glass | TPMS

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:23 am »
I know Hurdy well and he knows exactly what he's doing and is also advised by expert professionals.

However, no-one should ever simply copy someone else's Revo settings because each car has individual modifications which can influence what's best.

The beauty of Revo giving us the B/T/F settings is that the engine can be fine-tuned to accommodate our mods in the most power efficient way possible to best suit our individual engines.  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:16:39 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:00:35 pm »
Hurdy is a loon, he was thinking about the hybrid, but skipped that stage and went straight for nitrous.  :grin:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:08:13 pm »
Hurdy is a loon, he was thinking about the hybrid, but skipped that stage and went straight for nitrous.  :grin:

This is true.. Rumour has it that John's blood group is N20..  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

This is true.. Rumour has it that John's blood group is N20..  :laugh:

:signLOL:   :laugh:    :signLOL:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 04:07:55 pm »
I know Hurdy well and he knows exactly what he's doing and is also advised by expert professionals.

However, no-one should ever simply copy someone else's Revo settings because each car has individual modifications which can influence what's best.

The beauty of Revo giving us the B/T/F settings is that the engine can be fine-tuned to accommodate our mods in the most power efficient way possible to best suit our individual engines.  

I take your point, but I am in a unique position TO listen to Hurdy to some extent, or rather did at the point in time I asked him for advice - as the car was setup precisely as it had been when he owned it and by the same company.

Also, thanks to the first poster for answering my main question - I just wanted to know if S3 was a bigger/hybrid turbo thing, or if I was just missing a trick!!

Cheers
Matt

Offline laurent.d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »
Stage 3 is for K03 based with K04 kit and for GT3071R

Revo Stage 3 software has been developed to compliment cars running more extensive engine modifications. Revo Stage 3 software is tuned to suit proven hardware upgrade packages. Tuning is adjustable and can be tailored to suit your needs; depending on your chosen specification you can yield up to a 200% gain over standard horsepower figures. For this software to run efficiently and reliably, a strict hardware build list must be adhered to. Furthermore, a Revo SPS is highly recommended to guarantee optimal performance gains. Contact your nearest Revo dealer for further information.

Stage3 K04 for 2.0T FSI Transverse K03 based vehicles
Required:    K04 turbo (S3, TTS, Ed30, Cupra)
     S3 injectors
     Turbo back exhaust without pre-cat and either decat or highflow catalytic convertor (2.5"-3.0" recommended)
     Cold Air intake (from turbo inlet pipe to front of car replacing factory airbox for best gains)
     uprated or additional intercooler (S3 uses larger stock IC but additional IC is recommended)
     highflow mechanical fuel pump
     Associated hardware for fitting and installation is required for the turbo upgrade.

Stage3 GT3071R for 2.0T FSI Transverse based vehicles
Required:    ATP 3071R Turbo Kit
     RS4/R8 injectors
     3.0"Turbo back exhaust without pre-cat and with decat or highflow catalytic convertor (DP comes with turbo kit)
     Cold Air intake (comes with turbo kit)
     uprated or additional intercooler (S3 uses larger stock IC but additional IC is recommended)
     highflow mechanical fuel pump
     Associated hardware for fitting and installation
Recommended:    Upgraded Clutch
     Upgraded Engine/transmission Mounts
     Boost Gauge
     Wideband A/F or lambda display''
A3 2.0 tfsi DSG S-Line/VWR K04 Turbo kit/Engine Revo Stg 3/Milltek Exhaust/DSG Revo Stg 2/Quaife LSD/Bilstein PSS10/H&R sway bars/Power Grip Morego/VWR Suspension Bushes/VF Engineering Engine Mounts/VWR Lower Mount/OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45/Brembo 328x28 2pcs 4 pot ''A'' caliper/Braille Battery

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:21 pm »

I take your point, but I am in a unique position TO listen to Hurdy to some extent, or rather did at the point in time I asked him for advice - as the car was setup precisely as it had been when he owned it and by the same company.

....Ooops! I forgot that you've bought Hurdy's old car. There's a lot of people and things to keep track of on this site.

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »
Aye no worries mate.

Think it needs a little more T and I refinement though. I don't have VAGCOM though, so I'll leave it to the pros.

Matt

Saint Steve

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 06:44:09 pm »
That Poor car  :sad1:                        :signLOL:

I bet it hoped for an easier life after leaving its previous keeper :driver:

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You