Make a donation

Author Topic: GTi International 2011  (Read 112219 times)

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Re: GTi International 2011
« Reply #525 on: June 27, 2011, 06:11:27 pm »
Do they put pictures on the site of all the winners? Both track and show and shine.
Only ask as I don't know who won what, and in the s&S class want to see what beat me  :evilgrin: :smiley:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #526 on: June 27, 2011, 06:11:48 pm »

You'll notice I didn't put it on the free handling track, which was excellent BTW. I thought that would have been rude and taking advantage. I'm not a complete b******!

Taking advantage, not at all, its my TTRS which you would have had to beat to get the number one spot!  :happy2:

Lucky for me that no megane sports entered aye  :rolleye: :P

Cracking stuff - it looked a really tight track, I was expecting a wee MKI or something to take the title. Well done  :happy2:

There was a big queue of people and it seemed a bit rude throwing the Bavarian scheiße into the mix, I did all my sprint runs at 9:30am when it was dead... I didn't know I'd be called back for the top 10 shootout.
Sideways yo!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #527 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:08 pm »
anyone got a video of shamless killing everything out there? haha!

Its crazy fast that car :laugh:

3rd out of all the classes  :innocent: and i bet the 2 that beat me didnt drive 180miles each way home, bet they were strapped to a trailer.  :notworthy:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: June 27, 2011, 06:33:12 pm »
Awesome day out, finally sorted out a cheeky chat with Revo and the car drives awesome. Didn't have the best of luck on the way home getting stuck on the M1 due to a coil pack seeing its arse.

Certainly will be doing it again next year.
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: June 27, 2011, 07:27:23 pm »
I thought the times on Saturday were a bit down due to the rain but Sunday's seem no better, must have got a bit to hot.

Looks like 13.46 was the fastest Mk5 Gti of the weekend, not that quick really, Hurdy, JonnyC, Etc come on back boys  :smiley:

Not sure how I ended up on the Mk4 list  :confused: Hope John Wilkinson's 13.80 got recognized.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:41 pm »
gave you a beep when i went past you on the contraflow neil.  Dont think you heard though :grin:  surprised mine was only around 0.8seconds from the fastest golf time and half a second from the fastest cupra.  Shows how much of an issue traction was at brunters.  track surface was like a pavement :driver:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:23 pm »
I thought the times on Saturday were a bit down due to the rain but Sunday's seem no better, must have got a bit to hot.

Looks like 13.46 was the fastest Mk5 Gti of the weekend, not that quick really, Hurdy, JonnyC, Etc come on back boys  :smiley:

Not sure how I ended up on the Mk4 list  :confused: Hope John Wilkinson's 13.80 got recognized.

Anything under 14 seconds is fast for Brunters Neil :happy2: you can take around 0.5seconds off for Santa Pod, so you should be sub 13's with yours :jumpmove:

Last year was warm too , but I'd say this year was slightly hotter on Sunday and will have affected times.

And don't worry Neil, I'll be back next year :innocent: hopefully the Polo GTI will be just a ton by then, have over 250 neddies and extra wide sticky tyres. I said I wouldn't, but I'm already looking at pistons and clutchpacks :rolleye:
Golf R gone.

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2011, 07:48:03 pm »
gave you a beep when i went past you on the contraflow neil.  Dont think you heard though :grin:  surprised mine was only around 0.8seconds from the fastest golf time and half a second from the fastest cupra.  Shows how much of an issue traction was at brunters.  track surface was like a pavement :driver:

Yeh saw the number on the rear going down the M1, you can just about hear the odd beep  :signLOL:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2011, 07:48:40 pm »

It was my first run, and i eased off at the end for some unknown reason...then i couldnt get launch control to work again so couldn't beat the time!

i have a video of the run though so wil post that up eventually.

Is your Ed30 standard gti mad?

hi dude na i went from standard to stage2 but had trouble getting traction and my launch control 2 work  :signLOL:

so back 2 shoppin for bits i go  :signLOL:

mine wouldnt engage, just kept biting the clutch and trying to move me forward.

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #534 on: June 27, 2011, 07:49:59 pm »

Anything under 14 seconds is fast for Brunters Neil :happy2: you can take around 0.5seconds off for Santa Pod, so you should be sub 13's with yours :jumpmove:

Last year was warm too , but I'd say this year was slightly hotter on Sunday and will have affected times.

And don't worry Neil, I'll be back next year :innocent: hopefully the Polo GTI will be just a ton by then, have over 250 neddies and extra wide sticky tyres. I said I wouldn't, but I'm already looking at pistons and clutchpacks :rolleye:

Looking forward to seeing that John  :happy2:

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #535 on: June 27, 2011, 09:56:53 pm »
Finally got to meet Mr Danish himself on saturday and he brought some very nice danish bru for me :notworthy:

scott :happy2:

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2011, 10:03:11 pm »
anyone got a video of shamless killing everything out there? haha!

Its crazy fast that car :laugh:

3rd out of all the classes  :innocent: and i bet the 2 that beat me didnt drive 180miles each way home, bet they were strapped to a trailer.  :notworthy:

Quite right Joe, but at least they probably owned theirs!!  :P

Offline Deacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2011, 10:29:52 pm »
Just wanted to say a quick thanks for letting me put my scirocco on the stand. I didn't really get chance to speak to anyone much as i got caught up with helping some friends who had their car in the show and shine and with having my first ever go on the strip. Just had a look at the results and i came 11th in class for the quarter with 14.443 and 3rd in class for the 0-60 with 5.67. Not too bad for a 1.4! To say i was surpised is a bit of an understatement!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

You'll notice I didn't put it on the free handling track, which was excellent BTW. I thought that would have been rude and taking advantage. I'm not a complete b******!

Taking advantage, not at all, its my TTRS which you would have had to beat to get the number one spot!  :happy2:

Lucky for me that no megane sports entered aye  :rolleye: :P

Cracking stuff - it looked a really tight track, I was expecting a wee MKI or something to take the title. Well done  :happy2:

There was a big queue of people and it seemed a bit rude throwing the Bavarian scheiße into the mix, I did all my sprint runs at 9:30am when it was dead... I didn't know I'd be called back for the top 10 shootout.

Cheers mate, I really didnt expect to win tbh as like you said, all the TTRS lads on vagoc expected a supermini to win it and tbh they werent far behind either! Still trying to find a vid of my winning run, only found one 35 sec run where I got the car a little too sideways, and another which was a good run at 34 secs but clipped a cone
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:41:18 pm by Poverty »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #539 on: June 28, 2011, 09:26:58 am »

Speaking of Pod, i'll be taking the Storm Trooper there over the next month or so to see what it's capable of when the poxy electronics don't ruin things (will be fine there as the surface is smooth)..
Who fancies a meet?  :party: