Make a donation

Poll

Would you be interested in the wrapping application accessories?

nope, safer to let a company do it for me
7 (21.9%)
something i would consider with guidance
23 (71.9%)
yes, supply it already
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Who's wrapping? Who wants to try?  (Read 7645 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Who's wrapping? Who wants to try?
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:21:35 pm »
With the new Very Cherry unit coming i'll finally be able to carry larger amounts of wrapping vinyl so that i can sell it in smaller quantities for those that simply want to wrap small sections of their ride or individual items such as badges etc - in time i'll post some details about that..

for now though i'm trying to gauge the interest on here for application accessories, if there is significant interest then i'll put together some gear for you to get your hands on  :party:

Its all industry standard stuff, imported from the states but at massively lower prices than found on the net or to individually import it yourselves (savings on average of between 50-75%)

sort of things i'm on about are:

rapid tac float fluid - 4 fld oz spray bottles (so you can slide vinyl about on a surface, get it in postition and remove excess.... 100% safer than water as it doesnt pollute the glue of the vinyl)
rapid prep contaminant remover - 4 fld oz spray bottles (to prepare the surface and gain maximum adhesion of the vinyl)
mactac felts (for removing access difficult contaminants such as inside badges etc)
Avery Pro felts (high grade max flex squeegees with felt lined blade for air bubble and surface flattening)

there are more things i can add but these are the basics to get you started, they can be used not only for wrapping but also for the application of most vinyls such as window tint, decals etc

i can write a full guide on how to use these items to achieve the best results too should it be needed which i think it will - details like this arent usually told by vinyl companies as its almost like giving a secret away but its no mystery and people can easily learn the skill if shown and time is taken.

what are your thoughts? vote on the poll if you could so i can see if you dont want to post... or if theres an option missing

:popcornsoda:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:23:36 pm by Very Cherry »

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Who's wrapping? Who wants to try?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:27:29 pm »
Ive already done my badge in 3M Carbon and its quite addictive!

With a bit of guidance there are other bits i wouldn't mind having a go at   :wink:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:09 pm »
defo, would want to learn how to do my mirrors and splitter in chrome or satin chrome vinyl  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:35:29 pm »
this is what i'm finding more and more, people buy the vinyl from companies more than willing to sell it but dont buy the gear to achieve the best results - usually because they are unaware it exists or that they havent been given advice. Results in shrinking, bubbles, poor fit etc etc

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d5k7lflfjav6d4jqucp6sonf0g&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:39:16 pm »
You dont really need any special tools to do small items though, and for anything bigger i would imagine most people would want it doing by a pro.

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »
this is what i'm finding more and more, people buy the vinyl from companies more than willing to sell it but dont buy the gear to achieve the best results - usually because they are unaware it exists or that they havent been given advice. Results in shrinking, bubbles, poor fit etc etc

Thats the thing for me - id like to do the wing mirrors and few other bits but i dont want to balls it up. Could get expensive too if its take several attempts to get it right

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:49:23 pm »
i would more than happily have a go VC as we discussed earlier  :signLOL: all im gona say is dont knock it until uv tried it people  :laugh:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 07:53:56 pm »
How hard would something like this be to do? if its not to nuts id have a go myself

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:57:20 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 08:02:27 pm »
When it comes to shaped areas the vinyl used is micro perforated to allow flexibility, that combined with the right amount of heat and working outwards from the highspots or curve finishes gives the best results. In short, it's not rocket science but does take time and reasonable skill to work with contours so not to over stretch or force the vinyl into a given shape.

It's also worth noting you need to use a vinyl without a "memory" so that once heated it holds it's shape, remembers it and so doesn't shrink  :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 10:32:09 pm »
I'd love to have a go myself but don't want the usual carbon stuff, I was thinking doing my roof maybe matt black or dark matt red??

Just on a side note VC can you still supply the rabbit in your avatar?? If so can you send me some payment details and ill get some money to you.

Cheers

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:01:30 pm »
I was actually thinking of doing the roof gloss black, large area though so tricky I would of thought??
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:33:22 am »
Just on a side note VC can you still supply the rabbit in your avatar?? If so can you send me some payment details and ill get some money to you.

Cheers

Darren

Been loving that pic for a while, make it 2 if you have any?!

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 08:46:00 am »

Cheers

Darren

Been loving that pic for a while, make it 2 if you have any?!
And a third!

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 09:01:44 am »
"rapid tac float fluid" use this stuff myself and people will seriously notice a difference from using standard water, i got some of eBay when I started and it wasn't cheap but it was really really worth it.

Nice service your offering mate, maybe put a starter pack together and stuff of a few bottles and stuff?

Like it though ;)
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 09:32:52 am »
me and a friend wrapped a mk4 golf estate 2 weeks ago matt black, took us about a week, working at night after our day job, il try get some pics tonight.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,