Make a donation

Poll

Would you be interested in the wrapping application accessories?

nope, safer to let a company do it for me
7 (21.9%)
something i would consider with guidance
23 (71.9%)
yes, supply it already
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Who's wrapping? Who wants to try?  (Read 7651 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: Who's wrapping? Who wants to try?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 10:30:54 am »
didnt intend on this become a sale thread more of a bit of research....but i'll sort some wabbits out for those who want them  :laugh: :grin:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »
i want one!

i also want a Black roof :D

Offline theo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 01:40:11 pm »
I'd be interested in a Rabbit and the parts VC! Could well help with 2011's plans!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 01:52:09 pm »
Out of interest VC how much would it roughly be for a piece of vinyl big enough to wrap a mk5 roof, application tool and a bottle of your 'special juice'?

Not holding you to a price just rough idea.

Lee

Oh I'll have a wabbit too! and want to speak to you about doing me a sig  :happy2:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 02:57:00 pm »
Out of interest VC how much would it roughly be for a piece of vinyl big enough to wrap a mk5 roof, application tool and a bottle of your 'special juice'?

Not holding you to a price just rough idea.

Lee

Oh I'll have a wabbit too! and want to speak to you about doing me a sig  :happy2:

depends on your choice of colour, for now i'm not offering the carbon until i'm into my unit but if your talking solid colours then i can supply them (over 80 different colours inc matt), i only use high end vinyls as they last longer and have a better quality both to apply and for the overall finish.... cheaper vinyl can be found but i would only every recommend avery or 3m pro series stuff  :happy2:

The stuff i use is high performance 50 micron cast Avery vinyl as it allows for conformity over the most complex surfaces (rather than a calender vinyl as used in decals which has a memory) and has an adhesive specially engineered to give low initial tack, allowing repositioning building to a high permanent adhesion with a twelve year life span

for your roof you'd be looking about about a 3 meter span to allow extra around the edges,  you'd be looking at about £27.00 per meter  :smiley:

rapid prep to clean the roof you would only need 1 bottle, rapid tac float fluid only 1 bottle and a mactac cloth and squeegee, a heat gun too but thats something you can source from your local craft shop or B&Q etc

So costs would be:

rapid tac float fluid - 4 fld oz spray bottle - £7.99
rapid prep contaminant remover - 4 fld oz spray bottle - £7.99
mactac felt - £6.99 (you would only need one)
Avery Pro felt £5.50

so application gear = £28.47
Vinyl wrap = £81.00

totals you to £109.47 (not inc delivery)  :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 03:40:45 pm »
I'm sure VC's special juice is very very expensive Lee :grin: :grin: :grin:

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 03:45:28 pm »
I'm sure VC's special juice is very very expensive Lee :grin: :grin: :grin:

Darren

:signLOL: I'm sure it is too! I had a couple of quotes from local vinyl firms and it differs from £120-£200 for the roof using 3M vinyl.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »
price fluctuations are usually down to either labour costs or the quality of the vinyl  :happy2:

with the high end avery or 3m vinyl, fitted, you should be looking at about £200 but not over  :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »
right then, i dont want to turn this into a sale thread so if you want a wabbit then pm me for the link or click my banner below and go to the VW section to find it  :happy2:

need to keep this thread focused on wrapping   :popcornsoda:

:signLOL:

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 08:12:18 pm »
I defo want get my roof wrapped black gloss, mirrors and rear 30 edition lower part of the bumper, ive already been quoted £160 supplied fitted with 3m vinyl which i thought quite good, few things like to know, how easy is it to maintain, would it need any special treatment when cleaning? would extreme outdoor weather effect it, is the wrapp your supply  100% paint friendly??? :smiley:
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »
overheads play a part in prices as does labour etc as mentioned and the vinyl lifespan which does vary from 3 years right up to 12/13 years - check with the wrapping company you use for the vinyl spec  :happy2:

good quality vinyl wont affect the paint as the adhesives are paint friendly, maintenance is what you'd expect just be careful with it however it can be cleaned and waxed just like paint so no special treatment

dont powerwash it

again down to the quality of the vinyl but weather conditions wont effect it once bonded  :smiley:

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 08:32:07 pm »
 :happy2: thanks bud, i tempted to buy the wrapp from yourself then pay somebody to do it for me, that way i know im getting good quality stuff, somebody not trying to make the larger profit margain with a cheaper wrapp any ideas how much somebody would charge to fit this stuff roughly????, im tempted give it ago myself but £109 could be expensive  :sad1: if not done right, where are you based???
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 08:41:41 pm »
thats the thing from me you will need the application materials, so you would need some proficiency to get it right  :smiley: using a company you will forego that cost but gain in labour if your not doing it yourself. also worth baring in mind they might not appreciate you turning up with your own materials although the profit is usually made in the application

a decent company will/should use a decent vinyl or at least give you an option - some do state they use one product and then actually use another! I can recommend companies such as raccoon or AST on a national level, locally you will need to do your research  :happy2:

ive done a few cars now but am queued up to get into a decent sized workshops to be able to get into proper production (currently using a 1 vehicle bay for wraps and offices for decals) and need to centralise everything - but based in penzance i'm miles out for most of you so wouldnt warrant the travel - but here to help advise as people need it  :drinking:

if youre worried, find a company, get the vinyl spec and let me know and i'll happily tell you if your getting the right material. costs to apply will vary massively from company to company

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 08:51:34 pm »
 :drinking: Many thanks mate

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 08:24:38 am »
I was thinking Racoon has they have a base in Leeds which is where I am.

Darren