Make a donation

Author Topic: Cheap Fabia Vrs 180 DSG lease deal  (Read 6644 times)

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Cheap Fabia Vrs 180 DSG lease deal
« on: February 07, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »
May be of interest to someone after relatively cheap trouble free motoring for a couple of years?  :happy2:

New Fabia Vrs on a 2 year 10K per annum lease deal with tyres, RFL and maintenance thrown in for £179.95 plus VAT a month, great value imo  :happy2:

http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/blog/skoda-fabia-vrs-lease-17995-vat-2-years-free-maintenance-tyres/20838/

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Cheap Fabia Vrs 180 DSG lease deal
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:09 pm »
an extr a £100/month and you could actually own the car withthe new VAT paid deals

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:59:13 pm »
an extr a £100/month and you could actually own the car withthe new VAT paid deals

Over 2 years with £900 down with RFL, tyres and servicing included?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:04:34 pm »

Over 2 years with £900 down with RFL, tyres and servicing included?
i see what you mean, but you would have paid out nearly a third of the price of the car with nothing to show for it after 2 years. 

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:36 pm »
i see what you mean, but you would have paid out nearly a third of the price of the car with nothing to show for it after 2 years. 

Thats the appealing part to me tbh as the only costs for 2 years are insurance and fuel, means you can drive the wheels off it, track it, not even wash it if you dont want and then hand it back for something different after the lease is up...  :wink:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:19 pm »
The deal doesn't indicate how many miles you'd be allowed so I guess it would be low.

Also you would need to take 'reasonable' care of it, you can still be charged if the lease company doesn't agree the condition on return.

Probably a limit on number of tyres too.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:17:10 pm »
10k per annum.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 11:19:59 pm »
I don't get this traditional notion things must be owned.

Who really owns there car anyway? Miss two hp payments then find out who owns the car. Just because your name is on the v5 it doesn't mean you own it

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 11:21:32 pm »
The deal doesn't indicate how many miles you'd be allowed so I guess it would be low.

Also you would need to take 'reasonable' care of it, you can still be charged if the lease company doesn't agree the condition on return.

Probably a limit on number of tyres too.

10K per annum on the £179 price, would rise obviously for higher miles..

Most people including myself would take good care of it i'd have thought, my bro works as a returns agent for leasing company and adopts the 'ten pence rule', any dings or scratches smaller than a 10p piece are generally considered fair wear and tear

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 11:23:21 pm »
I don't get this traditional notion things must be owned.

Who really owns there car anyway? Miss two hp payments then find out who owns the car. Just because your name is on the v5 it doesn't mean you own it

Exactly my thoughts when it comes to cars! Glad to see i'm not alone lol  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9s91uhmbuu6578uhq7j686l067&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »
So if i sold my eddy for 16K I could keep leasing a new car for 180PM (presuming the same deal persisted) for 7 years.... thats not so bad when you look at it like that.

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:06 pm »
So if i sold my eddy for 16K I could keep leasing a new car for 180PM (presuming the same deal persisted) for 7 years.... thats not so bad when you look at it like that.
Got the dreaded VAT on top of the £179 unfortunately, but yeah thats the idea  :wink:

I'd like to lease Mrs Beddie a reasonably nice sporty ride for work duties so i can retire the ED30 to a life of pampering and track servitude...  :signLOL:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:52 pm »
Then some one will say... Ah but you wont own anything after... Who the fook wants to own a 7 year old car! Lol

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 07:26:09 am »
At first glance a lease deal does seem mad, you pay a set sum each month for say 2 years and you (in theory) walk away.

I previously in a moment of maddness made the huge mistake of getting an Audi a6 on lease for £299 in vat per month. I had paid out £7176 in payments plus £1200 up front. A total of £8376.

Were I have to have purhased a new a6 cash the car would have lost that in depreciation anyway and then would have had the hassle of selling it etc. So that is on the plus side of the argument I think.....

However Audi finance were complete and utter bar stewards at the end of the lease, I had a light scuff on one alloy and underneath the spoiler (and I do mean underneath, parallel to the road) there was a speed bump scrape. Audi tried to charge me £2100 for repairs.....I asked the collection team where the car was going....they said straight to auction at BCS Glasgow. Therefore no repairs had been affected, for which they also tried to charge me vat.....

After months of wrangling I offered them a token £150, which they eventually accepted. I had looked after that car like my own (even though I loathed it's very sight) and the issues they picked up on were definitely fair wear and tear.

I think my point here is take ALL costs into the buying equation including depreciation and maintenance and the lease buy decision is not as clear cut as you would first believe.  Also make sure you fully understand what happens at the end of the lease, lease companies look upon this as another income stream. :fighting:

P.S. I previously paid cash for a mini cooper s - £15k, and watched that £15k in 3 years disappear in £200 per month chunks, so whilst I wasn't physically putting that money out each month the net effect was the same, also if I had kept my £15k invested it would have earned interest and also been available for other things in life....

Would I lease again? Maybe but not from Audi finance.

Cars ...can't live with em, wouldn't want to live without them...